COVID-19 Outbreak – useful information and links.
Link to Government Guidelines on Coronaviurs/COVID-19
Link to Herefordshire Council advice on Coronavirus/COVID-19
For those of you self isolating and possibly having difficulty getting to the shops for food and other essential items or medicines etc here are some useful information.
OWL Good Neighbours – Jane Rigler 07940 308696. The OWL Scheme is run by volunteers that help vulnerable members in the community with such things as shopping, getting medicines/repeat prescriptions, etc. The OWL Scheme are DESPERATE for more volunteers at this time as many of their current volunteers fall into the categories of those needing to self isolate/practicing social distancing. If you can help in any way please contact Jane Rigler on 07940 308696. Many thanks.
CONTACT – THE THREE HAMLET HELPERS– for those self isolating and/or vulnerable in Pencoyd, Tretire and Michaelchurch parishes
CONTACT – LLANWARNE VILLAGE CORONVIRUS COMMUNITY SUPPORT – for those self isolating and/or vulnerable in Llanwarne
Local shops are happy to take orders and payment over the phone and for you to arrange collection or delivery where possible:
- Carrot and Wine Stores and Post Office – 01981 540126
- Pengethley Farm Shop – 01989 730430
- St Weonards Village Shop and Post Office – 01981 580201
- Broad Oak Garage – 01981 580285
There are lots of Community Hubs and Groups being set up locally so please do look out for information about these and please let me know as your local Parish Clerk so I can put the relevant information on the website email@example.com or 07967 352903
Some local pubs are offering take-away services. Here are the ones known of so far. I am sure there are more locally please let me know:
- Harewood End Inn – 01989 730637
- the Royal Arms at Llangrove – 01989 770267
Herefordshire Council’s Talk Community COVID Response:
Letter sent out by Herefordshire Council – resident letter 20.03.2020
People wishing to volunteer can register and vulnerable people needing support can register on the following link: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/covid19help, the dedicated telephone number will be fully live fromTuesday 24th March which is 01432 260027 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish Councillors Elected on 2nd May 2019 and 6th June 2019
- Cllr Jason Pacey – Llanwarne Parish – Chairman
- Cllr Rosey Price – Llanwarne Parish – Vice Chairman
- Cllr Bridget Samuel – Llanwarne Parish
- Cllr James Roberts – Pencoyd Parish
- Cllr Paula Snow – Pencoyd Parish
- Cllr Brian Goodwin – Llandinabo Parish
- Cllr Pat Roberts – Tretire with Michaelchurch Parish
- Cllr Anthony Snell – Harewood Parish
- Still Councillor Vacancies at
Defibrillator locations in our Parishes
Defibrillators have been installed at the following locations in our parishes:
- Llanwarne Village -installed on the wall at the bottom of the steps leading up to the village hall
- Harewood End Inn – installed on the outside of the pub wall around the back in the beer garden
- St Weonards – installed in the red BT phone box opposite the church on the A466
* * * * * *
MEETING DATES 2020
LLANWARNE & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Harewood, Llandinabo, Llanwarne, Pencoyd and Tretire with Michaelchurch
ORDINARY MEETING OF THE ABOVE COUNCIL
to be held on
Thursday 17th September 2020 at 7.30pm
the meeting will held as a virtual meeting. For the link to the meeting please email the Parish Clerk on email@example.com
Members of the Press and Public cordially invited to attend.
Kate Hughes, Parish Clerk, Meadow View, St Weonards, Hereford, HR2 8QS, Tel: 01981 580498/Mob: 07967 352903, Email the clerk >>
Future Dates for Parish Council Ordinary Meetings,
all meetings held on a Thursday at 7.30pm at Llanwarne Village Hall,
unless Clerk advises differently
- 16th Jan 2020 – postponed and rearranged to 3oth January
- 19th March – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 21st May – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 2nd July – to be run as an online/virtual meeting
- 17th September – to be run as a Virtual meeting
- 19th November
* Draft Minutes of last meeting are posted on the website one month after the date of the last meeting.
* Agenda for the next meeting are posted on the website 3 days before the date of the next meeting.