Your Parish council = The closest tier of government to you.
The voice of local people.
* * * * * *
Parish Councillors Elected on 2nd May 2019 and 6th June 2019
- Cllr Jason Pacey – Llanwarne Parish – Chairman
- Cllr Rosey Price – Llanwarne Parish – Vice Chairman
- Cllr Rick Guest – Llanwarne Parish – co-opted Nov 2020
- Cllr James Roberts – Pencoyd Parish
- Cllr Paula Snow – Pencoyd Parish
- Cllr Pat Roberts – Tretire with Michaelchurch Parish
- Cllr Anthony Snell – Harewood Parish
- Cllr Brian Goodwin – Llandinabo Parish – co-opted June 2021
- Cllr Rowena Williams – Llanwarne Parish – co-opted June 2021
- Cllr Harry Holt – Llanwarne Parish – co-opted June 2021
Defibrillator locations in our Parishes
Defibrillators have been installed at the following locations in our parishes:
- Llanwarne Village -installed on the wall at the bottom of the steps leading up to the village hall
- Harewood End Inn – installed on the outside of the pub wall around the back in the beer garden
- St Weonards – installed in the red BT phone box opposite the church on the A466
* * * * * *
MEETING DATES 2021
LLANWARNE & DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Harewood, Llandinabo, Llanwarne, Pencoyd and Tretire with Michaelchurch
EXTRA-ORDINARY MEETING OF THE ABOVE COUNCIL
to be held on
Thursday 7th October at 8pm
the meeting will held as a face to face meeting at the newly refurbished Llanwarne Village Hall
Members of the Press and Public cordially invited to attend.
Kate Hughes, Parish Clerk, Meadow View, St Weonards, Hereford, HR2 8QS, Tel: 01981 580498/Mob: 07967 352903, Email the clerk >>
Future Dates for Parish Council Ordinary Meetings,
all meetings held on a Thursday at 7.30pm at unless Clerk advises otherwise
- 16th Jan 2020 – postponed and rearranged to 3oth January
- 19th March – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 21st May – Cancelled due to COVID-19
- 2nd July – to be run as an online/virtual meeting
- 17th September – run as a Virtual Meeting
- 19th November – to be run as a Virtual m=Meeting
- 21st January 2021
- 18th March – to be run as a Virtual Meeting
- 20th May
- 15th July
- 16th September – Face to face meeting to be held at the newly refurbished as the Village Hall
- 18th November
* Draft Minutes of last meeting are posted on the website one month after the date of the last meeting.
* Agenda for the next meeting are posted on the website 3 days before the date of the next meeting.
Be a Member of our Parish Council
The most parish councils are not followers of party politics and you can become a member of our Parish Council – you must be:-
- over 21 and on the electoral register
- A resident of the parish
- Able to attend regular evening meetings
- Have an interest in local issues
- A desire to improve the quality of life in the Parish
- Able to represent the views of local people.
The position is unpaid and voluntary, but some expenses such as training is for paid by the Parish Council.
If you would like to become a Parish Councillor contact the Parish Clerk, Kate Hughes *Click Here*
Parish councils have existed since medieval times, when they settled local disputes and were in charge of agriculture and land management.
They have changed over the last 1000 years into the modern constitution, which was created in 1896.