Annual Ordinary Meeting Minutes 17th May 2018

Mtg No: 155

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 17th MAY 2018 AT LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs J Honey (Chair), F Davis, J Pacey, G Price, Miss R Price, B Goodwin, and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)

IN ATTENDANCE: County Cllr David Harlow, Parish Footpath Officers – Declan Williams and Elizabeth Malcolm and 0 residents

1. Election of Chairman. Cllr Frank Davis proposed that Cllr John Honey continue as Chairman for another year and Cllr Rosey Price seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Chairman, Cllr J Honey was re-elected. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Chairman form.

2. Election of Vice Chairman. Cllr John Honey proposed that Cllr Frank Davis stand as Vice Chairman and Cllr Gordon Price seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Vice Chairman, Cllr F Davis was elected.

3. Election of other offices
3.1. Internal Auditor – Cllr Frank Davis proposed that Trevor Gregory continues as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor and Cllr John Honey seconded it. Clerk to ask Trevor Gregory and report back. Clerk to action
3.2. Representative on the Village Hall Management Committee – Cllr Brian Goodwin proposed that Cllr Rosey Price be the Village Hall Representatives and Cllr Gordon Price seconded it.
3.3. It was AGREED that Parish Footpaths Officers will remains as Elizabeth Malcolm and Declan Williams.

4. Apologies
4.1. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs R West, B Samuel, P Roberts, J Roberts, and Terry Griffiths (Parish Lengthsman)

5. Declarations of Interest
5.1. The Councillors checked their Declaration of Interests Forms and confirmed there were no changes to be made.
5.2. There were no declarations of interest raised in relation to the agenda items.

6. Open Discussions
6.1. Views from local Residents
6.1.1. There were no residents present and no issues raised.
6.2. Report from County Cllr David Harlow – Cllr Harlow had sent the Clerk a report to circulate to the Parish Councillors. In addition he reported that the Amey refunded money would be used on the roads around the County.
6.3. Report from David Atkinson, BBLP Locality Steward
6.3.1.1. Dave was unable to attend the meeting and there was nothing further to report from his weekly reports. The Council had nothing further to report.

7. The minutes from the meeting held on 15th March 2018 were adopted and signed.

8. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
8.1. The Council AGREED to sign the Balfour Beatty Lengthsman and P3 Scheme contract 2018/19. Clerk to action sending 2 copies back to BBLP
8.2. Parish Footpath Officers Declan and Elizabeth reported the following updates to the Council:
8.2.1. Thank you to the landowner of PC8 for the work done to clear brambles, nettles and cornus saplings from the path. Landowner has repaired the stiles.
8.2.2. TM7A – A request for P3 money to attend to a stile on this route. Clerk to speak to Terry Griffiths about this. Clerk to action
8.2.3. TM3 – abandoned grassland area at this time of year is shoulder high. Further down the crops are seldom sprayed to show the route. It was AGREED for the Parish Footpath officer to speak to landowner. Elizabeth to action
8.2.4. Declan and Elizabeth reported that there are 40 footpaths within the parish council area. 13 of 33% of these footpaths have been walked by the Parish Footpath Officers and volunteers in the period October 2017 to March 2018. Issues identified on these paths have been passed to the Parish Council for action through Landowners or through the Lengthsman.
8.2.5. Going forward, a series of planned Sunday morning walks along parish footpaths will be arranged. The first is planned for 27th May, leaving Llanwarne Village Hall at 10.30am.
8.3. Terry was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report updating the Council. General maintenance across the parishes has been completed during the summer months.
8.4. Clerk to report any extra work that needs to be done to Terry and to send budget figures for this financial year to Terry. Clerk to action

9. Planning
9.1. The Council AGREED to adopt the policy for the Clerk to comment on planning applications between meetings after consulting with the Parish Council.
9.2. The Council considered the following planning applications:
9.2.1. P181070//PA7 – Land at Leniston Lane, Llanwarne, Hereford, Application for prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed building. The Planning Department are not accepting comments for this. The Council noted this planning application
9.2.2. Planning Consultation 181467 – The Laskett, Laskett Lane, Much Birch, Herefordshire, HR2 8HZ
Viewing platform for visitor use (retrospective). The Council AGREED for Cllr Goodwin to look at this application and report back to the Council.
9.2.3. TL105182/ Planning Consultation 181664 – The Trees, Orcop, Hereford, application for approval of reserved matters following outline permission 161771 (Site for proposed replacement of a fire destroyed dwelling plus the erection of 2 dwellings (total 3 dwellings)). The Council noted this planning application
9.3. To Council noted the updates to the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council for our group of parishes since the last meeting.
9.4. There was nothing further to report on the upgrade and maintenance of Llanwarne Village Hall from Jeremy Helme.

10. Finances
10.1. The Council to postpone reviewing the new Standing orders and Financial Regulations until the July meeting. The Council AGREED that if the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations and Risk Assessment need any changes during the year the Clerk would update the Council. Clerk to action
10.2. The Council reviewed the Came and Co insurance renewal quotation of £341.20 and asked the Clerk to get a couple more “like for like” quotes to see if can get anything cheaper. The Council AGREED that if the Came & Co quote was the best quote that the Clerk to proceed with renewing it – Clerk to action
10.3. The Council reviewed the Internal and External Auditors Report and all points highlighted had been addressed
10.4. The Council completed the Certificate of Exemption Form – Clerk to action
10.5. The Council completed the Audit Commission Governance Statement
10.6. The Council AGREED to adopt the accounts and completed the Audit Commission Annual Return – Clerk to action
10.7. The Council noted the Bank Balance on 17/5/18 for current account to be £5493.15 and savings account to be £4504.49. Budget spend was reviewed and on track
10.8. The Council noted receipt of 1st payment of precept – £4750
10.9. The Council AGREED to pay the following invoices.  Clerk to action:
10.9.1. Lengthsman invoices – TGC0333 £371+VAT and TGC0334 £97+VAT = £468+VAT – Chq 100180
10.9.2. Richard Craig Electricals – Installation of Defibrillator at Harewood End Inn £256.89+VAT – Chq 100181
10.9.3. Eyelid Productions Ltd – website technical support – £100 – Chq 100182
10.9.4. Hire of Llanwarne Village Hall 2017-2018 Invoice 15518/1 – £108.50 – Chq 100183
10.10. The Council identified the following financial risk: The Clerk reported to the Council that they will need to set up PAYE for her. The Council AGREED to employ the services of Autela Payroll Services to set up PAYE for the Clerk and to back date PAYE and then to continue with PAYE for the rest of the financial year. Clerk to action returning forms to set up PAYE

11. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
11.1. The Clerk updated the Parish Council on the new GDPR law received from the training session at HALC
11.2. The Council reviewed the GDPR Action List in the NALC’s GDPR Toolkit and AGREED for the Clerk to action and update the Parish Council at future meetings. Clerk to action
11.3. The Council AGREED to adopt the following policies recommended by the General Data Protection Regulations GDPR Working Group and displaying them on the parish/town council website: Clerk to action
11.3.1. Data Protection Policy
11.3.2. Privacy Policy
11.3.3. Privacy Notices
11.3.4. Data Subject Access Policy
11.4. The Council AGREED to consider the options available from HALC and other bodies for the appoint of a DPO (Data Protection Officer), if required

12. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet.

13. The Council noted the date of next meeting will be in 5th July 2018 at 7.30pm at Llanwarne Village Hall.

Meeting was declared closed at 9pm