Mtg No: 140
LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 19th MAY 2016 AT LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL
Cllrs J Honey (Chair), R West, F Davis, G Price, Mrs B Samuel, Miss R Price, J Pacey, J Roberts, Mrs P Roberts and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)
IN ATTENDANCE: County Cllr David Harlow and 0 residents from any of the parishes
1. Election of Chairman. Cllr Frank Davis proposed that Cllr John Honey continue as Chairman for another year and Cllr Rosey Price seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Chairman, Cllr J Honey was re-elected. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Chairman form.
2. Election of Vice Chairman. Cllr Frank Davis proposed that Cllr Robert West continues as Vice Chairman for another year and Cllr Jason Pacey seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Vice Chairman, Cllr R West was re-elected.
3. Election of other offices
3.1. Internal Auditor – Cllr Robert West proposed that Trevor Gregory continues as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor and Cllr John Honey seconded it. Action Clerk to ask Trevor Gregory and report back
3.2. Representative on the Village Hall Management Committee – Cllr Robert West proposed that Cllrs Rosey Price and Gordon Price be the Village Hall Representatives and Cllr F Davis seconded it
3.3. Parish Footpaths Officer remains as Cllr Jason Pacey
4.1. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr B Goodwin, PCSO Lowri Anderson, David Atkinson (BBLP Locality Steward) and Terry Griffiths (Parish Lengthsman)
5. Declarations of Interest
5.1. The Councillors checked their Declaration of Interests Forms and confirmed there were no changes to be made.
5.2. There were no declarations of interest raised in relation to the agenda items.
6. Open Discussions
6.1. Report from West Mercia Police – There was no-one present from the Police. The Clerk had circulated on email the most recent Police report. Clerk to action emailing next year’s meetings dates to Police.
6.2. Report from County Cllr David Harlow – Cllr Harlow reported on the following
6.2.1. Dhamma Dippa planning application – Planning Officer Matt Tompkins is waiting for a transport statement and vehicle count and a resubmission of planning application before he can give his final decision.
6.2.2. Cllr Harlow noted the concerns raised by residents and Parish Councillors about the excessive speeds of vehicles through the village of Llanwarne.
6.3. Report from David Atkinson, BBLP Locality Steward
6.3.1. Dave was unable to attend, but the Parish Council asked the Clerk to speak to Dave about the white lines being painted on the road that joins the A466 from Monkton Place. Clerk to action
6.4. Views from local Residents
6.4.1. Cllr R West reported that he had received a complaint about the removal of the bus shelter off the A49 at Llandinabo. The Clerk reminded the Council that it was agreed at the May 2015 meeting that notices would be put up in the bus shelter, on the website and in the Parish Magazine. At the November 2015 meeting the decision to remove the bus shelter was taken and the notices were put in the bus shelter to inform users. The Council asked the Clerk to look into how Kingsthorn funded their new bus shelter. Clerk to speak to Cllr Harlow and Dave Atkinson for their advice
6.4.2. It was brought to the Parish Council’s attention that there is a rabbit problem in the abandoned vineyards owned by P Birchley in Llanwarne. Residents will be writing to Mr P Birchley to inform him of the problem. The Council suggested that Defra would be a good organisation to contact for further advice.
6.4.3. It was reported to the Parish Council that the ball on top of the stone pillar the entrance to Lyston Court has been knocked and damaged and there is a concern that it could fall out into the A466. Clerk to speak to Herefordshire Council to find out who’s responsible to get this looked at. Clerk to action
6.4.4. Cllr J Pacey asked the Councillors if they were happy for a Duke of Edinburgh student would be able to do some litter picking in the village. Clerk to liaise with Cllr Pacey
7. The minutes from the meeting held on 17th March 2016 were adopted and signed.
8. Gift of land: – Cllr J Honey gave the Council an update on the gift of land in Llanwarne Village to Parish Council from Mrs I Williams to commemorate 100 years of the WI. He had met and spoken to Mrs Williams and it was noted in the contract for the gift of land there was an additional clause stating that the land could not be used for village activities. The clause stated that the land could be used for quiet contemplation. Therefore, the Council RESOLVED that they would not be able to accept the gift of land with the new additional clause as they felt that it would not be of benefit to the community of Llanwarne residents. The Council asked Cllr Honey if he would report back to Mrs Williams the Council’s views and ask if she would like to reconsider what the gift of land could be used for by the community. Cllr Honey to action
9. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
9.1. Terry was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report updating the Council.
9.1.1. General maintenance across the parishes has been completed during April and May. No issues to report.
9.2. Terry’s report had confirmed that he would be starting the work on the drainage and ditching issue by Monkton Farm/Lane and asked for confirmation of land availability for soil disposal. Clerk to confirm all ok with soil disposal on neighbouring farm. Terry has scheduled June to start work on drainage trench on Captain Hazelhurst’s land at Llanwarne.
9.2.1. Clerk to report the pothole on the road C1234 by Hollingsbridge Cottages at Audit’s bridge. Clerk to action
9.2.2. Clerk to report the damaged/broken rail at Monkton Place. Clerk to action
9.3. Cllr Jason Pacey, Parish Footpath Officer, reported that a meeting on Wed 8th June at 7pm had been arranged with the Footpath Volunteers to finalise who walks which footpaths and process for reporting defects. Clerk to book the hall for the meeting and source way markers
9.4. No work was identified that needed to be undertaken by P3 Footpath Scheme
9.5. The Council RESOLVED to sign the Balfour Beatty Lengthsman and P3 Scheme contract 2016/17. Clerk to action sending it back to BBLP
9.6. The Council noted the annual maintenance budget plan for 2016/17 has been submitted to Balfour Beatty. Clerk to action emailing budget plan to Councillors.
10.1. The Council reviewed the Standing orders and Risk Assessment and a there were a few amendments on the Risk Assessment. Clerk to action.
10.1.1. It was RESOLVED to review the new Financial Regulations at the July meeting.
10.2. The Council RESOLVED to continue with the annual insurance renewal from Came & Co. Payment was agreed to be sent to Came & Co £273.75 (3rd year of 3 year deal). There was an increase in the premium due to an increase in Insurance Premium Tax this year compared to last year – from 6% to 9%. Clerk to action returning the insurance schedule. Clerk to action
10.3. The financial accounts were reviewed and adopted. The Council completed the Audit Commission Annual Return by completing the Governance declaration section first and then the financial audit return. Clerk to action returning the audit form. Clerk to action
10.4. The Council RESOLVED to look into monthly payments of Clerk’s salary via standing order. Clerk and Cllr P Roberts to investigate and action
10.4.1. It was RESOLVED to pay the Clerk’s monthly salary for May and June
10.5. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices
10.5.1. Lengthsman invoices – TGC1635 £475+VAT and TGC1637 £375+VAT = £850+VAT
10.5.2. Village Hall invoice for meeting hire – £122.50
10.5.3. HALC Clerk Training Course – Audit Answers 29/4/16 – £15+VAT – cost shared with St Weonards Parish Council
10.6. The Council RESOLVED to go with the following wording “Welcome to Llanwarne, Please drive carefully”. Clerk to action finalising quote and then sending a cheque. Clerk to action
10.7. To consider any financial risks
10.7.1. The Clerk updated the Council on what they need to do with regards to Pension Scheme for Clerk. The Council do not need to do anything until early 2017.
11. It was RESOLVED not to purchase any Commemorative Medals for Queen’s 90th Birthday for children in Llanwarne, Pencoyd, Llandinabo, Harewood, Tretire with Michaelchurch Parishes aged between 0 – 11yrs/Primary School age. It would be difficult to find out the exact number of children of this age with regards to safeguarding and data protection issues for minors in the community.
12. The Council RESOLVED to find out more about how they can assist Llanwarne Village Hall Committee with upgrading and maintaining the Village Hall in Llanwarne. The Council agreed to support any planning application where necessary. Cllr R Price to report back to Council with further details when required. Action Cllr R Price
13.1. The Council adopted the policy for Clerk commenting on planning applications between meetings
13.2. The Council noted planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last
14. The Council agreed to the following meeting dates for Parish Council meetings for the next 12 months on the 3rd Thursday of the month, every other month
14.1. The dates were confirmed as: 21st July, 15th Sept, 17th Nov, 19th Jan 2017, 16th Mar, 18th May (Annual Mtg and Annual Parish Mtg) = total 6 meetings per year. Meetings to start at 7.30pm
15. The Council noted the information sheet from Clerk
16. The following items were suggested for the next meeting to discuss
16.1. New financial regulations
17. The date of next meeting is Thursday 21st July 2016 at 7.30pm at Llanwarne Village Hall
Meeting was declared closed at 9.40pm