DRAFT minutes of Annual ORDINARY meeting 18th May 2017

Mtg No: 148

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 18th MAY 2017 AT LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs J Honey (Chair), R West, F Davis, G Price, Mrs B Samuel, Miss R Price, B Goodwin, Mrs P Roberts and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)

IN ATTENDANCE: David Atkinson (BBLP Locality Steward) and 0 residents

1. Election of Chairman. Cllr Frank Davis proposed that Cllr John Honey continue as Chairman for another year and Cllr Rosey Price seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Chairman, Cllr J Honey was re-elected. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Chairman form.

2. Election of Vice Chairman. Cllr John Honey proposed that Cllr Robert West continues as Vice Chairman for another year and Cllr Frank Davis seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Vice Chairman, Cllr R West was re-elected.

3. Election of other offices
3.1. Internal Auditor – Cllr Robert West proposed that Trevor Gregory continues as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor and Cllr John Honey seconded it. Clerk to ask Trevor Gregory and report back. Clerk to action
3.2. Representative on the Village Hall Management Committee – Cllr Bridget Samuel proposed that Cllr Rosey Price be the Village Hall Representatives and Cllr Pat Roberts seconded it.
3.3. It was AGREED that Parish Footpaths Officer will remains as Cllr Jason Pacey. Clerk to check with Cllr Pacey that he is happy to continue in this role. Clerk to action

4. Apologies
4.1. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr J Pacey, J Roberts, Police, County Cllr David Harlow and Terry Griffiths (Parish Lengthsman)

5. Declarations of Interest
5.1. The Councillors checked their Declaration of Interests Forms and confirmed there were no changes to be made.
5.2. There were no declarations of interest raised in relation to the agenda items.

6. Open Discussions
6.1. Report from West Mercia Police – There was no-one present from the Police. The Clerk had circulated on email the most recent Police report. Clerk to action emailing next year’s meetings dates to Police.
6.2. Report from County Cllr David Harlow – Cllr Harlow was unable to attend the meeting so there was nothing further to report.
6.3. Report from David Atkinson, BBLP Locality Steward
6.3.1. The Council reported that the potholes on B4348 were particularly bad from Llanwarne junction along to where the road joins the A466. Dave will follow up on the potholes and make sure they are reported for filling in and re-surfacing. Dave to action
6.4. Views from local Residents
6.4.1. There were no residents present and no issues raised.

7. The minutes from the meeting held on 16th March 2017 were adopted and signed.

8. Royal British Legion Rally 10th June 2017: Everything is in place for the Rally on 10th June.

9. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
9.1. The Council noted the annual maintenance budget plan for 2017/18 has been submitted to Balfour Beatty. Clerk to action emailing budget plan to Terry
9.2. The Council AGREED to sign the Balfour Beatty Lengthsman and P3 Scheme contract 2017/18. Clerk to action sending it back to BBLP
9.3. Terry was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report updating the Council. General maintenance across the parishes has been completed during April and May. No issues to report.
9.4. No work was identified that needed to be undertaken by P3 Footpath Scheme.

10. Finances
10.1. The Council reviewed the Standing orders, Financial Regulations and Risk Assessment. Clerk to update them during the year if anything changes.
10.2. The Council AGREED to pay the annual insurance payment Came & Co £280 – Clerk to action
10.3. The Council completed and AGREED the Audit Commission Governance Statement
10.4. The Council AGREED to adopt the accounts and completed the Audit Commission Annual Return – Clerk to action
10.5. The Council AGREED to pay the following invoices:
10.5.1. Lengthsman invoices – TGC0024 £382+VAT
10.5.2. The Council noted final amount for SAT Nav signs for Gibraltar Lane 3 x £69.75 = £209.25 + £15 carriage = £224.25 + VAT
10.6. The Council AGREED to pay the Clerk expenses for purchase of laptop, printer and cartridges or £535.99
10.7. The Council identified the following financial risk: – they will need to inform the insurance company know about the purchase of two defibrillators and the donation of the third defibrillator from Cllr Goodwin. The Council AGREED for all three to be covered by the Council’s insurance. Clerk to action

11. The Council received an update from the Clerk on the upgrade and maintenance of Village Hall. Llanwarne Village Hall Committee is progressing with this and will keep the Parish Council updated as necessary.

12. Planning
12.1. The Council AGREED to adopt the policy for the Clerk to comment on planning applications between meetings after consulting the Parish Council.
12.2. To Council noted the updates to the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council for our group of parishes since the last meeting.

13. The Council AGREED the following dates for Parish Council meetings for the next 12 months on 3rd Thurs of the month
13.1. Suggested dates, 20th July, 21st Sept, 23rd Nov, 18th Jan 2018, 15th Mar, 17th May (Annual Mtg) = total 6 meetings per year. Meetings to start at 7.30pm

14. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet.

15. The Council noted the date of next meeting will be in 20th July 2017

Meeting was declared closed at 9pm