Draft Minutes of Annual Ordinary Meeting 20th May 2021

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 20th MAY 2021 AT LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs Jason Pacey (Chair), Rosey Price, Paula Snow, Rick Guest and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)

IN ATTENDANCE: Ward Cllr Toni Fagan

1. Election of Chairman. Cllr Rosey Price proposed that Cllr Jason Pacey continue as Chairman for another year and Cllr Paula Snow seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Chairman, Cllr Jason Pacey was re-elected. The Chairman signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office of Chairman form.

2. Election of Vice Chairman. Cllr Paula Snow proposed that Cllr Rosey Price continue to stand as Vice Chairman and Cllr Jason Pacey seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Vice Chairman, Cllr R Price was elected.

3. Election of other offices
3.1. Internal Auditor – The Council RESOLVED that David Bevan continues as the Parish Council’s Internal Auditor.
3.2. Representative on the Village Hall Management Committee – The Council RESOLVED that Cllr Rosey Price continue as the Village Hall Representative.
3.3. The Council RESOLVED that the Parish Footpaths Officer will remain as Elizabeth Malcolm.

4. Apologies
4.1. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllrs Pat Roberts, James Roberts, and Anthony Snell.

5. Declarations of Interest
5.1. The Councillors checked their Declaration of Interests Forms and confirmed there were no changes to be made.
5.2. There were no declarations of interest raised in relation to the agenda items.

6. The minutes from the meeting held on 18th March 2021 were adopted and signed.

7. The Council noted the non-attendance and therefore disqualification of the following 3 Parish Councillors – Bridget Samuel (Llanwarne), Gordon Price (Llanwarne) and Brian Goodwin (Llandinabo). There will now be 3 vacancies on the Parish Council and these will be advertised.

8. Open Discussions
8.1. Views from local Residents
8.1.1. There were no residents present and no issues raised.
8.2. Report from Ward Cllr Toni Fagan
8.2.1. Cllr Fagan has sent a report to the Clerk to circulate to the Parish Council.
8.2.2. The key points raised were:
8.2.2.1. New Leader had started at the Council – Paul Walker
8.2.2.2. The continued concern of the level of phosphates in the river Wye
8.2.2.3. 14 cases of the Indian variant of Covid in Herefordshire
8.2.2.4. Cllr Fagan looking to ask Cllr John Harrington to attend the next Flooding Meeting.

9. Correspondence
9.1. The Council noted the receipt of a letter from the Pursey Family, Trevase Farm sent to the Parish Council.
9.2. The Council noted the other following correspondence received:
9.2.1. Fastershire Update – circulated to the Parish Council
9.2.2. OWLS request for a donation – £100 – £150. Clerk to action

10. Planning
10.1. The Council RESOLVED to adopt the policy for the Clerk to comment on planning applications between meetings after consulting with the Parish Council.
10.2. The Council considered the following planning applications:
10.2.1. P183198 – Trevase Farm, St Owens Cross, HR2 8ND, The proposed erection of three additional poultry units, amenity building, feed bins, new site access and access track and associated development on land to the east of the existing poultry units plus the installation of side chimney fans to the existing four poultry units. Amendments and additional information. The Chairman opened the floor for the applicant and residents present to raise their views and ask questions. The Council then considered the views raised and RESOVLED to remain with the comments raised at the meeting on the 21st January 2021 and made no changes or amendments to their decision. Clerk to action replying to the Planning Officer. Clerk to action
10.2.2. P202927 & P202928 – Lower Monkton Farm, St Weonards, HR2 8PF. Proposed sub-division of units 1 and 2 to create an additional 2 residential dwelling, together with internal and external alterations and increased garden curtilages. To create a total of 8 residential dwellings. Listed building application. The Council RESOLVED to make the following comments – that the following pre-condition be brought in prior to work starting at the premise and not post the completion or work: that a provision of passing places be put into place on along the unclassified road leading off the A466 to the premises to allow for access of residents and construction site workers. Clerk to action
10.3. To note planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting – see Clerks update sheet.

11. Finances
11.1. The Council to postpone reviewing the new Standing orders and Financial Regulations until the July meeting. The Council RESOLVED that if the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations and Risk Assessment need any changes during the year the Clerk would update the Council. Clerk to action
11.2. The Council reviewed the Came and Co insurance renewal quotation of £594.03 and asked the Clerk to get a couple more competitive quote. The Council RESOLVED  for the Clerk to inform the Council of the best quote and then for the Clerk to proceed with renewing it with the most competitive quote – Clerk to action
11.3. The Council reviewed the Internal and External Auditors Report and no points had been raised.
11.4. The Council completed the Certificate of Exemption Form – Clerk to action
11.5. The Council completed the Audit Commission Governance Statement
11.6. The Council RESOLVED to adopt the accounts and completed the Audit Commission Annual Return – Clerk to action
11.7. The Council noted the Bank Balance on 12/5/21 for current account to be £11,234.11 and savings account to be £4523.89. Budget spend was reviewed and on track
11.8. The Council noted receipt of 1st payment of precept £5000
11.9. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:
11.9.1. Lengthsman invoices – TGC1464 £500+VAT, TGC1465 £500+VAT and TGC1466 £373+VAT = £1373+VAT – Chq 100277
11.9.2. Autela Payroll Services Invoice 5966 £36.98+VAT – Chq 100275
11.9.3. HALC – in house training – Invoice H1323 £175+VAT – Chq 100276
11.9.4. Clerks Salary for May – Chq 100274
11.10. The Council had not identified any financial risk

12. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
12.1. The Council received a brief update report from Parish Footpath Officer and to identify any work that needs to be undertaken by P3 Footpath Scheme
12.2. The Council received a brief report from Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman
12.3. The Clerk updated the Council on the Drainage Grant. The Clerk had applied for an extension to the work being carried out. Balfour Beatty have granted an extension until the end of July when all paperwork needs to be submitted by the 31st July.
12.4. The Council did not identify any work that needs undertaken by Lengthsman and P3 Scheme at this time.

13. Update on projects:
13.1. Llanwarne Village Hall refurbishment – the Council received an update from Cllr T Fagan on the Village Hall. Works have started and going well. Plans to have wifi/internet access and a projector. In the main hall, insulating the roof is planned. Damp-proofing the walls will need to be completed. Looking to hold an opening event at the end of the summer and to remarket the hall.
13.1.1. Clerk needs to action setting a page on the website for Cllr Fagan and other Village Hall Committee members to upload information on to. Clerk to action
13.2. Wildlife update on Gamber Brook from Andrew Nixon, Herefordshire Wildlife Trust. The Council RESOLVED to invite Andrew Nixon to the July meeting or set up a Zoom follow up meeting. Clerk to action
13.3. Flooding Working Group for Gamber and Garren brooks – The Council received an update on the meeting held on 13th April and a meeting with Jesse Norman MP has taken place and he was very receptive and on board with the issues. Hope to invite Cllr John Harrington to the next Working Group meeting. Clerk to action
13.3.1. Cllr R Guest asked the Council if they would consider becoming a member of the Green Network, Great Collaboration work – it costs £50 to join. Clerk to put this as an item on the next meeting agenda in July. Clerk to action

14. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet.

15. The Council noted the date of next meeting will be on Thursday 1st July 2021 at 7.30pm to be held at the Church in Llanwarne as the Village Hall undergoing refurbishment.

Meeting was declared closed at 9.49pm