Draft Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 19th January 2017

Mtg No: 145

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 19th January 2017
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, Frank Davis, Jason Pacey (Parish Footpath Officer) Bridget Samuel, James Roberts, Pat Roberts and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: County Cllr David Harlow, and no members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr R West, Cllr B Samuel, Cllr Rosey Price, Cllr Brian Goodwin, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward Balfour Beatty) and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests – There were none.

3. The minutes from the last meeting on 17th November 2016 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion
4.1. Dave Atkinson, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty was unable to attend the meeting. The Council asked the Clerk to report the potholes between the crossroads by Treberon Farm to the Hall on the way to Dhamma Dippa.
4.2. The Council noted the report from County Councillor David Harlow had send to Councillors. Cllr Harlow reported the following
o Planning application for 20 homes on Tump Lane in Much Birch with 10 affordable and 10 marketable. It was viewed that Tump Lane would not be able to cope with the extra traffic.
o 14% housing development by 2031 in Herefordshire.
o Council Tax – the max increase for Council Tax is 3.9% approximately £50 per household. A 6% increase can be done over 3 years e.g. 2% per year. This is the option Cllr Harlow prefers as Herefordshire is a low wage County
o Social Care is a statutory requirement and we have an elderly population so a huge percentage of the budget is spent on Social Care.
4.3. To receive views from local residents
4.3.1. The Council discussed the recent issue raised by a few residents in Llanwarne with regards to the recent white signs put up by Llanwarne Court to give directions to lorries delivering to the court and avoiding Gibraltar Lane are compliant. The Council asked the Clerk to look into the cost of 3 HGV/Sat Nav sign. Clerk to action. It was suggested that Cllr J Pacey and Dave Atkinson speak to resolve the issues raised.
4.3.2. The Council also asked the Clerk to speak to the War Memorial Trust in regards to protecting the War Memorial from damage from vehicles crashing into it. Clerk to action
4.4. The Council noted the report from West Mercia Police PSCO Lowri Anderson.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
5.1. Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman was unable to attend but he had sent his work sheet for the past couple of day’s work he has completed.
5.2. The Clerk confirmed that Lengthsman and P3 Budget had been spent for this year.
5.3. The Parish Footpath Officer had nothing to report. A meeting needs to be arranged for the Footpath Volunteers. Clerk and Cllr Pacey to action

6. The Clerk reported that Cllr West had attended a meeting about the British Legion Rally in June 2017 at Llanwarne and provided the following update: “The RBL Rally was discussed last night. Llanwarne Village Hall, Young Farmers and Llanwarne Ploughing Club were also in attendance. The Legion want to hold the rally in the village based on the Village Green, Old Churchyard, Village Hall and the Church. It will mean that an application to close the road between the bridge and Llanwarne Court will have to be made as up to 200 people may attend. There will be a parade to the Church and then back to the War Memorial, along with a sort of fete in the Old Churchyard. They are hoping that various local businesses will have stands and there will also be stalls raising funds for various causes.” Another meeting will be held soon and Cllr West with keep the Council updated.

7. Planning
7.1. As Cllr R Price was unable to attend the meetings so it was RESOLVED to defer this item until the March meeting.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to planning application 164143 The Old Rectory, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE, 
Proposed works to Tree 1 – Oak, Tree 2 – Beech and Tree 3 – Double Ash. Clerk to respond – Clerk to action.
7.3. The Council RESOLVED that they would not be proceeding with a Neighbourhood Development Plan. Clerk to reply to Samantha Banks of Herefordshire Council. Clerk to action.
7.4. The Council noted the Clerk’s update sheet on the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting.
8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted bank balance to be £3496.58 on the 19th January and budget spend is on track. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
8.2.1. Lengthsman invoices TGC1888 £362+VAT, TGC1889 £382+VAT, TGC1918 £250+VAT and TGC1920 £382+VAT = £1376+VAT – Cheque 100155
8.2.2. West Midland Ambulance Service invoice 14 for Defibrillator £500 – Cheque 100156
8.3. The Council identified no financial risks.

9. The Clerks information sheet.
9.1. The Council noted the Clerks information sheet.
9.2. The Clerk told the Council about the Email received from Ray Williams with regards to offering help with NDP and potential sites of land for development. Clerk to respond to the email. Clerk to action
9.3. The Clerk told the Council about the Email received from David Kennedy about his Air source heat pump installation at Silanion, Llanwarne. Clerk to respond to his email. Clerk to action

10. The Council RESOLVED the following agenda item for the next meeting – Update on the planning applications for Llanwarne Village Hall to support grant application, to discuss the site of the Defibrillator and cost of sat-nav signs for Llanwarne village. Clerk to action

11. To note date of the next meeting will Thursday 16th March 2017 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed at 20.55pm