Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 21st July 2016

MTG NO: 142

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 21st July 2016
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, James Roberts, Pat Roberts, Rosey Price, Brian Goodwin, Frank Davis, Jason Pacey (Parish Footpath Officer), Bridget Samuel and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and 5 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Robert West, County Cllr David Harlow, David Atkinson (Locality Steward Balfour Beatty), and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests – there were none.

3. The minutes from the last meeting on 19th May 2016 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion

4.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend the meeting.

4.2. A brief report from County Councillor David Harlow
4.2.1. County Cllr David Harlow sent the Clerk a Ward Report for the Councillors to be read at the meeting. Clerk to put the report on the website. Clerk to ask Cllr Harlow what percentage the budget cuts are of total budget. Clerk to action

4.3. A brief report from Locality Steward Balfour Beatty, Dave Atkinson
4.3.1. Dave was unable to attend the meeting, so nothing to report.

4.4. Views received from residents
4.4.1. Bus Shelter – Clerk to keep investigating cost of siting a bus shelter and find out how Kings Thorne was funded. Clerk to action.
4.4.2. Pillar and ball near Lyston – Clerk still not able to ascertain who owns the land where the pillar and ball is located at Lyston. Cllr R Price offered to find out some more information from locals to help Clerk. Clerk to action.

5. Planning
5.1. Planning application 160371 Dhamma Dippa, St Owens Cross, to build a single storey student accommodation building comprising 9 single bedrooms with shared showers and wcs, and 1 accessible en- suite bedroom. There were five representatives from Dhamma Dippa who attended the meeting who were available to update the Parish Council on what had changed about the planning application and answer any questions about the application. The Council voted on the following proposals:
a) Refuse planning application on grounds of extra traffic in and out of site and on narrow lanes leading to site. 5/9 voted in favour of refusing application, 4 Councillors did not vote).
b) If Planners were to grant the planning that appropriate conditions should be put on the site such as limit or reduction on traffic volume or speed associated with centre, limit any further expansion of numbers. Voting: 9/9 Councillors voted for in favour for this. The Council RESOLVED to report the following that they reject the planning application, but if the Planners were to grant planning then appropriate conditions need to be imposed. Clerk to action.
5.2. The Council noted the planning update sheet prepared by the Clerk.

6. The gift of land to the Parish Council to celebrate 100 years of the WI
6.1. The Chairman confirmed that he had met with Mrs I Williams with regards to the gift of land. Cllr Honey informed Mrs Williams that the Council asked if she would reconsider her views and allow the gift of land to be used by the community for events as well as quiet contemplation. Mrs Williams was not willing to reconsider. Therefore, Council RESOLVED to refuse the gift of land.

7. Lengthsman Scheme
7.1. Report by Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman
Terry had reported that he completed the drain work and the verges were promised a second cut in September by Balfour Beatty. All hot spots in the group of Parishes have been checked and necessary work completed.
7.2. Terry will be scaling down maintenance work to keep budget tight. He will check drains but will be relying more on parishioners and Councillors to report defects to him.
7.3. Clerk to email Terry to approve work to be completed on drainage work at Captain Hazelhurst’s, Lenaston and Monkton. Clerk to action
7.4. Cllr Pacey to speak to resident in Llanwarne with regards to the smelly drainage issue. Cllr Pacey to action
7.5. The village signs for Llanwarne have arrived and Terry has the locations of where to put the signs up. Terry to action
7.6. P3 Scheme – Terry reported that there is a lack of funds for this scheme so we will need to spend the money wisely. Footpath signposts are a statutory requirement which landowners should be aware of.
7.7. Cllr Pacey, the Parish Footpath Officer reported that the group of volunteers had met on 5th June and clarified the process. Terry will strim the verges on roads and footpath signs on roadside.

8. Finances
8.1. The Council RESOLVED to adopt the new financial regulations. Clerk to send out and put on website.
8.2. The Council noted the bank balance: Current Account £2699.48 and Savings Account £5000.
8.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay of following invoices
8.3.1. Lengthsman invoices TGC1665 £375+VAT, TGC1692 £377+VAT, TGC1747 £377+VAT = £1354.80
8.3.2. Clerks monthly salary payments for July and August
8.4. The Council noted the reclaim for Q4 Lengthsman invoices – £3260
8.5. To consider any financial risks
8.5.1. The Council RESOLVED to set up a Standing Order for Clerk’s salary. Clerk to action
8.5.2. The Council noted the updated asset and risk assessment schedule.

9. The Council RESOLVED to book a Heartstart Training Course in November and to look into funding for a defibrillator. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted the Clerks information sheet.

11. The Council suggested the following agenda items for next meeting – precept and planning application for Llanwarne Village Hall.

12. The Council noted the date of next meeting would be held on Thursday 15th September 2016 at 7.30pm.

Meeting started at 7.30pm and was declared closed at 9pm