DRAFT minutes of Ordinary Meeting held on 16th March 2017

Mtg No: 146

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 16th March 2017
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Robert West, Gordon Price, Frank Davis, Jason Pacey (Parish Footpath Officer), James Roberts, Pat Roberts and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) and no members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr B Samuel, Cllr Rosey Price, Cllr Brian Goodwin, County Cllr David Harlow, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests – There were none.

3. The minutes from the last meeting on 19th January 2017 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion
4.1. Dave Atkinson, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty reported the following at the meeting. He drew the Council’s attention to the Highway Maintenance Plan on the Herefordshire Council website. This Plan details how potholes and other defects are categorised for repair. In summary potholes are prioritised:- 1. 24 hours i.e. A & B Roads that are considered high risk, 2. 7 days repair, 3. Frequent/Maintenance 1-2 months. The Council reported to Dave that the potholes between the crossroads by Treberon Farm to the Hall on the way to Dhamma Dippa have got worse, Trevase Farm/Crossways crossroads, C1234 road by Wye Valley driveway and B2431 road from Wormelow to A49 by Hunt Kennels there are some huge potholes. Dave Atkinson to look at these potholes and report them – Dave to action.
4.2. The Council noted the report from County Councillor David Harlow had sent to Councillors. Cllr Harlow was unable to attend the meeting.
4.3. To receive views from local residents
4.3.1. Dave Atkinson updated the Council with regards to the recent white signs put up by Llanwarne Court to give directions to lorries delivering to the court and avoiding Gibraltar Lane are compliant. He reported that the signs were for local information, assisting traffic to find the property and there is no hindrance to vehicles or pedestrians.
4.3.2. The Council also RESOLVED for the Clerk to find out the costs of curbstones, posts or concrete post to help protect the War Memorial from damage by vehicles crashing into it. Clerk to action
4.4. The Council noted the report from West Mercia Police PSCO Lowri Anderson.

5. Defibrillator
5.1. The Council RESOLVED to ask the Llanwarne Village Hall Committee if they could put the defibrillator on the wall at the bottom of the Hall stairs. Clerk to action speaking to Village Hall Committee and instructing electrician to erect it. Clerk to action
5.2. The Council RESOLVED to purchase another defibrillator for Harewood End area. Clerk to action purchasing another one. Clerk to speak to Harewood End Inn to see if they are happy for the defibrillator to be erected on the outside wall. The Harewood End telephone box will not be adopted, it will remain as a telephone box as to many calls made from it in the past year. Clerk to action
5.2.1. Cllr B Goodwin has offered to purchase a defibrillator for Llandinabo area. Clerk to action speaking to Cllr Goodwin and putting him in contact with Sue Watkins. Clerk to action.
5.3. The Council noted the Herefordshire Heartstart Free Training courses to be held on Thurs 23rd March 10.30am-12.30pm at St Weonards Village Hall and Tuesday 25th April 7-9pm at Llanwarne Village Hall.

6. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to order 3 of HGV/Sat Nav signs at £69.75 each. Signs to be put on both ends of Gibraltar Lane (A466 & by War Memorial) and one on end of Bird Lane. Clerk to speak to Robin Quant. Clerk to action.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
7.1. Terry Griffiths was unable to attend the meeting. The 2016/17 Lengthsman and P3 Scheme budget has been spent. Clerk to reclaim back remaining grant money. Clerk to action
7.2. The Council agreed to discuss any outstanding work that Terry needs to carry out at the next meeting in May.
7.3. There was no update from the Parish Footpath Officer. A catch up with the Footpath Volunteers to see if any defects need reporting on the footpaths. Clerk to action
7.4. The Clerk asked the Council if she could look into whether there is any common land with the group of parishes. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to find out. Clerk to action

8. Planning
8.1. Cllr R Price was unable to attend the meetings so it was RESOLVED to defer this item until the May meeting. The Clerk to speak to Jeremy Helme to see if they need any support from the Parish Council currently with planning application and report back at May meeting. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to planning application 170189 – Wallfield Farm, Wormelow, Hereford, Proposed Agricultural Managers Dwelling. Clerk to action
8.3. The Council noted the Clerk’s update sheet on the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting.

9. Finances
9.1. The Council noted bank balance for Savings A/C to be £6500.61 on the 16th March and Current A/C to be £1706.54 on 16th March. Actual budget spend will be within budget by end of March.
9.2. The Council noted receipt of Lengthsman Grant money £5379
9.3. The Council noted the receipt of VAT reclaim £1363.30
9.4. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:  Clerk to action
9.4.1. HALC invoice 7320 Subscription Fee 2017/18 £408.87+VAT – Cheque 100157
9.4.2. West Midland Ambulance Service for 2nd Defibrillator £500 – Cheque 100158
9.5. The Council identified no financial risks.

10. The Council noted the Clerks information sheet.

11. The Council RESOLVED the following agenda item for the next meeting – Update on the planning applications for Llanwarne Village Hall to support grant application, update Defibrillator and sat-nav signs for Llanwarne village. Clerk to action

12. To note date of the next meeting will Thursday 18th May 2017 at 7pm – Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Ordinary Meeting.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm.