DRAFT Minutes Ordinary Meeting 13th July 2017

Mtg No: 149

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 13th July 2017
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, Frank Davis, James Roberts,
Bridget Samuel and Rosey Price

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk), Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and 2 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Robert West, Cllr Pat Roberts, Cllr Brian Goodwin, Cllr Jason Pacey (Parish Footpath Officer) David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty), County Cllr David Harlow and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests – Cllr R Price declared an interest on item 6.5.1 Planning Application 172378 and 172388. She signed the book and did not take part in any discussions on these applications.

3. The minutes from the last meeting on 18th May 2017 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion
4.1. Nothing to report as Dave Atkinson, Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting
4.2. Nothing to report as Cllr Harlow was unable to attend the meeting.
4.3. There were no issues raised from local residents.
4.4. The Council noted the report from West Mercia Police.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
5.1. Terry Griffiths Parish Lengthsman reported that he had completed 2 maintenance days so far and, unless urgent, no maintenance days will be carried out in July and Aug.
5.2. The Council RESOLVED for Terry to carry out the following work:- 1 maintenance day in Sept, 1 in Nov/Dec and 1 in Jan/Feb/Mar. P3 Scheme:- Clerk to chase up the finger post at Netherton Farm. Clerk to action.
5.3. Report from Parish Footpath Officer: –
5.3.1. The Clerk reported that Cllr J Pacey was unable to attend the meeting and nothing to report.
5.3.2. Cllr F Davis reported that he and David Atkinson had attended a site visit to Redbrook Farm to look at the fence on the bridle path as it is in the wrong position. The resident has agreed to move the fence so that it is in the correct position.

6. Planning
6.1. The Council considered the following planning applications:
6.1.1. 171538 – Oaklands Caravan Site, C1262 From B4348 Llandinabo To A49 At Oaklands House, Llandinabo, Herefordshire, Proposed change of use of land from a three pitch travellers site to a five pitch travellers site. Construct a new washing facility for use by the site. Reply by 14th July. The Council RESOLVED to recommend refusal for these 3 new pitch sites as it is already a crammed site and visibility on to the Highway is dangerous. Clerk to action
6.1.2. 171818 – Lyston Smithy, Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8EL
Construction of an all weather area for horses to be exercised. Reply by 14th July. The applicants attended the meeting to update the Council that this application had been withdrawn due to the fact the arena had been sited in the wrong place on the map. Once this has been corrected it will be reissued. The Council RESOLVED to support this application in principle once the application has been reissued. Clerk to action
6.1.3. 172038 – Hunters Lodge Residential Home, Hunters Lodge, Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8EQ
Construction of 5-bedroom care home and associated parking. (renewal of application no P140609/F). The Council RESOLVED to make no comment.
6.1.4. 172162 – Land at The Smithy, Harewood End Farm, Harewood End, Herefordshire,
Demolition of existing 1.5 story barn and replacement with new dwelling including change of use from B1 to residential C3. Reply by 18th July. The Council RESOLVED to support this application. Clerk to action
6.1.5. 172378 & 172388- Llanwarne Village Hall, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE
To reduce line of trees AND 172388 – Llanwarne Village Hall, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE. 
Fell one Norway Spruce. Reply by 20th July. The Council RESOLVED to support this application. Clerk to action
6.1.6. 172318 – White Wells, Laskett Lane, Much Birch, Herefordshire, Proposed two storey building for dance studio, gym, treatment room and office with client accommodation. Reply by 31st July. The Council RESOLVED to support this application. Clerk to action
6.1.7. 172347 – Vipassana Trust Dhamma Dipa, St Owens Cross, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JS
Variation of condition 1 of planning permission P160096/F. Reply 1st Aug. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to find out what the Variation of condition is for. Clerk to action
6.1.8. 171318 – Land at Windmill Hill, Harewood End, Herefordshire, HR2 8JS, 
Erection of polytunnels and construction of irrigation pond. Amendment and addition. Reply 26th July Clerk to action checking with applicant on the exact amendment. Clerk to action
6.2. The Council had noted the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting

7. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to look into responding to Rural Area Site Allocation DPD – Issues and Options. Reply by Fri 28th July. Clerk to action

8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted the Barclays bank balance to be £3846.55 and budget spend was reviewed and on track.
8.2. The Council RESOLVED to accept the quote from Richard Craig electrician for installing the defibrillator at Llanwarne Village Hall for £659+VAT. Clerk to chase up the best location for the defibrillator in Harewood End Village and contact R Craig to arrange installation. The Council RESOLVED to donate £50 per year to the Village Hall Committee to cover the cost of the electric used by the defibrillator. Clerk to action
8.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:
8.3.1. Hire of Llanwarne Village Hall invoice 280617/1 £115.50 – Cheque 100165
8.3.2. HALC invoice 7463 for hosting website and domain names £50+VAT – Cheque 100164
8.3.3. Terry Griffiths Lengthsman and P3 invoice TGC0085 £382.00+VAT – Cheque 100163
8.4. The Council noted the following financial risk:- Clerk to contact Insurance Company to inform them that the Council have purchased two defibrillators. Clerk to action

9. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet and particularly the letter from the CPRE and British Cycle Race on Sun 10th Sept.

10. The Council RESOLVED to consider the following agenda items at the next meeting – precept, Lengthsman Scheme discuss and Parish Footpath Officer role

11. The Council noted the date of the next meeting to be Thursday 21st Sept 2017 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed at 8.50pm.