Llanwarne and District Group Parish Council (Harewood, Llandinabo, Llanwarne, Pencoyd and Tretire with Michaelchurch)
Annual Parish Meeting Thursday 10th April 2014 at 7.30pm
Present: Cllrs J Honey (Chairman), R West, E Price, G Price, J Roberts, Mrs P Roberts, Mrs B Samuel and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)
Guest Speaker: Lynda Wilcox, from HALC (Herefordshire Association of Local Councils) Residents in attendance: 48
1. The Council received apologies for absence from Cllrs F Davis, B Goodwin and Mrs J Ing
2. Lynda Wilcox from HALC was guest speaker and spoke about “What is Neighbourhood Development Plans” to a group of local residents and The Parish Council. The residents were given the opportunity to ask questions and to sign a list of those interested in being involved in putting together a Neighbourhood Development Plan and forming a Steering Group.
3. The minutes from the previous meeting on Monday 20th May 2013 were adopted and signed
4. The Chairman’s report –
4.1. The Chairman’s report discussed the Council’s main activities for the past year and these were:
4.1.1. The Parish Council signed up to the Lengthsman Scheme for 2013/14 and appointed Terry Griffiths as the Parish Lengthsman. This has been a very successful appointment and scheme with a budget of £3905.
4.1.2. The Parish Council installed a dog bin in Llanwarne Village for the use of residents
4.1.3. The Parish Council agreed to consult with Parishioners over Neighbourhood Development Plans.
5. Open discussion for residents mainly took place after the guest speaker’s session and there were no other issues raised in this item.
6. The next Annual Parish Meetings will be held ?????? 2015.