Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 17th July 2014

Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting Held on Thursday 17th July 2014 in Llanwarne Village Hall at 7pm

PRESENT: Cllrs J Honey (Chair), R West, F Davis, G Price, J Roberts, Mrs P Roberts and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk) plus residents from the group of Parishes

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs E Price, Mrs J Ing, Mrs B Samuel, Terry Griffiths (Parish Lengthsman) and District Councillor Jon Norris.

2. Declaration of interests – there were none.

3. Neighbourhood Development Plan

3.1. Samantha Banks from Herefordshire Council gave a presentation on the process for completing a Neighbourhood Development Plan
3.2. The feedback from the NPD group on 10th July was positive after they received a presentation from the Independent Planning Consultant Michael Wellock on how they could support the group on completing the ND Plan. It was agreed to arrange the next Steering Group meeting in July or August. Clerk to action a suitable date.

4. Open discussion

4.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO Kevin Powell attended the meeting and updated the group on recent rural crimes as detailed in his written report.
4.2. A brief report from District Councillor Jon Norris
4.2.1. There was no report from District Cllr Jon Norris
4.3. A brief report from Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman
4.3.1. The Clerk gave a brief update on behalf of Terry Griffiths with regards to ditches at Yew Tree Lane. Terry is still awaiting confirmation from Balfour Beatty as to when they can book the jetter to come out and sort the blocked ditches.
4.4. Views received from residents
4.4.1. It was agreed that the Clerk investigate how we establish getting a 40mph speed limit on the B4348 near to Yew Lane and Llanwarne village junctions. Clerk to report back at Sept meeting.
4.4.2. It was agreed to discuss the issue of the over-grown verges in the Parishes at the Sept meeting as Balfour Beatty have sent out a schedule on when they will be cutting verges in July/Aug. This way we can insure that the Lengthsman budget is used appropriately in September.
4.4.3. LW4 Footpath, Llanwarne – The Council asked if anyone knew about the current issue with regards to the Footpath in Llanwarne. The current issue has been reported to Herefordshire Council. Mrs Birchley informed the Council that the footpath was on private land and would email the report from Herefordshire Council confirming this to the Clerk.
4.4.3.1. Clerk to report the issue with regards to the overgrown LL4 Llandinabo Footpath.

5. The minutes from the last meeting on 15th May 2014 were adopted and signed.

6. Planning

6.1. The Clerk’s planning sheet was noted for applications received between meetings for Land at Etna, Orcop and Wai-iti Orchards, Llanwarne.
6.1.1. The Parish Council agreed that there was no objection to Planning Application P141818, Lenaston Farm, Pencoyd, Proposed installation of two 10,000 litre rainwater storage tanks.

7. Finances

7.1. The Council noted the payment of VAT reclaim of £534.11
7.2. The Council agreed for the Clerk to arrange payment to Lengthsman of his pending invoice between meetings.

8. The Council noted the information sheet from Clerk

9. The Council asked the Clerk to include the following agenda items at next meeting

9.1. Website update and costs
9.2. Review of Clerk Salary – Clerk to gain further information on payscale from HALC
9.3. Self-help grit scheme
9.4. Over-grown verges

10. The Council noted date of next meeting – Thursday 18th September 2014 at 7pm

Meeting declared closed at 8.45pm