Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting 15th January 2015

Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting Held on Thursday 15th January 2015 in Llanwarne Village Hall at 7pm

PRESENT: Cllrs J Honey (Chair), G Price, F Davis, E Price, B Goodwin, J Roberts, Mrs K Hughes (Clerk), Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and Dave Atkinson (Balfour Beatty Locality Steward)

Guest Speaker: Mark Millmore

Residents: Jason Pacey

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs, R West, Mrs J Ing, Mrs P Roberts, Mrs B Samuel, PCSO James Preece and County Councillor Jon Norris

2. Declaration of interests – there were none

3. Website

3.1. Mark Millmore attended the meeting and informed the Council about the setup costs and what he can offer us as a Parish Council website.
3.1.1. Website uses Word Press which would allow the administrator to easily create updates to add to the Website independent of Mark
3.1.2. The website would adjust the size of the format so that it can be reviewed on other applications such as mobile phones, ipads, etc
3.1.3. Opportunity to allow local advertisement on the website and to charge a fee to cover the maintenance costs of the website. Also helps to support the local community
3.1.4. Need to agree domain name and suggest that it is kept short, such as www.llanwarnegroupparishcouncil.co.uk or www.llanwarnegrouppc.co.uk Clerk will get an email address such as clerk@llanwarnegroupparishcouncil.co.uk or clerk@llanwarnegrouppc.co.uk plus one other email address is we want one.
3.1.5. Costs:
3.1.5.1. Basic price and one off cost £500 this includes set up of website, content for the pages on the site, set up subscribers and half day training including a Help Video page.
3.1.5.2. Buying Domain name: .co.uk £10 per year to maintain, .gov.uk £130 for first year and £65 for following years, .org.uk £10 per year to maintain
3.1.5.3. Mark will charge a £10 per month posting fee, but the first 10 months will be for free
3.1.5.4. Mark will be a sub-administrator so that he can help and over see the website. Clerk is usually the main administrator on the site.
3.1.6. What will be on the website:
3.1.6.1. Home page, contact page, Parish History, Information page, Planning, Your Comments Page, Council business such as minutes, agenda, News update, Members page, NDP if applicable and back-up page.
3.1.7. The Council agreed to go ahead with Mark Millmore designing and setting up our website. Clerk to action liaising with Mark to organise the relevant information. Clerk to action sending a formal acceptance by email to Mark to confirm we would like him to set up the Website.

4. Neighbourhood Development Plan

4.1. The Clerk asked the Councillors to note the next meeting of the NDP Steering Group, which is 21st January at 7pm where the questionnaires will be analysed to decide if we proceed with a plan and if we do what are the next steps.

5. Open discussion

5.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO James Preece was unable to attend the meeting and the Clerk circulated the Police Briefings at the meeting plus via email.
5.2. A brief report from County Councillor Jon Norris
5.2.1. County Cllr Jon Norris was unable to attend and there was nothing to report.
5.3. A brief report from Locality Steward Balfour Beatty, Dave Atkinson
5.3.1. Dave asked the Council if they could help inform Parishioners about the easiest way for everyone including the Clerk and Councillors to report a pothole. Login onto www.herefordshire.gov.uk and type into the search box “Report a Pothole” and follow the instructions. There is also a map you can look at where potholes or other defects have been reported plus each pothole defect has a job number, which you can then use to follow it up. The potholes will be categorised by urgency of repair, therefore, it will depend on the size, depth and location of the pothole whether is will be done within 24hrs, 28 days or within a 3 month maintenance schedule. The Council asked the Clerk to action putting this information in the Parish Magazine.
5.4. A brief report from Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman
5.4.1. Terry confirmed that general maintenance work has been completed at Tretire Bridge area and further work needs to be completed to clear out ditches and complete line drainage.
5.4.2. Need to discuss with landowners the removal of soil from ditches and also what their responsibility is for maintaining ditches. Terry will see if he can get some leaflets from BBLP or Council to give to landowners.
5.4.3. The work at Turkey Tump and on Broomy Court land has been completed to hopefully solve the flooding issue on to the B4348. Terry asked the Clerk is she could send a letter from the Council thanking Captain Hazelhurst for all their help and hospitality. Clerk to action
5.4.4. To ensure good communication and prevent duplication of work between Terry and BBLP, Terry agreed to cc Dave Atkinson into the emails that he sends me with the invoice and work schedule on. Terry to action
5.4.5. Terry to complete general maintenance during February.
5.5. Views received from residents
5.5.1. Terry confirmed that he had carried out the necessary maintenance work to tidy up around the bus shelter and to assess the state of the bus shelter. The bus shelter does need some maintenance to keep it in good and safe repair. The Chairman to action contacting Captain Hazelhurst to up to date him on what has been done so far and to discuss costs of maintaining the bus shelter.
5.5.2. Update on LW4 footpath in Llanwarne. The Clerk confirmed that Bruce Burton had sent her a copy of a letter he had sent to Mr P Birchley asking him what he is trying to achieve with regards to the Footpath.
5.5.3. The Clerk informed the Council that there was nothing to report further about the email that she has been copied into from a resident in Pencoyd who had emailed Herefordshire Council informing them of the damage to verges in the narrow lanes near to properties in Pencoyd by vehicles delivering large equipment to Dhamma Dipa.
5.5.4. Terry confirmed that he had put a salt grit bin on the hill by Lenaston Farm as per the request of Mrs Bevan.
5.5.5. Resident asked if there was any chance of looking into an enforced speed limit through the village of Llanwarne. Clerk to action
5.5.6. Resident asked if there would be a possibility of inviting someone to come and talk about Faster Broadband and how as a community we might be able to ensure it gets to every house. Resident to report back to Clerk and Clerk to put on agenda for next meeting

6. The minutes from the last meeting on 20th November 2014 were adopted and signed.

7. Planning

7.1. The Clerk’s planning sheet was noted for updates current applications
7.1.1. The Council reviewed the planning application for Planning applications P143663/F, P143664/F, P143665/F, P143666/F & P143667/F – Biddlestone Orchards, Llangarron, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 6NT. Five interrelated applications. There were no objections to this application. Clerk to report back
7.1.2. The Council reviewed the Pre-order Consultations for proposed public path diversion order Footpaths PC7 & PC9 in Parish of Pencoyd. There were no objections. Clerk to report back
7.1.3. The Council reported back to the meeting on the Dhamma Dipa planning application P143314/F after site visit in December. The proposed planning of the Biomass insulators, which they were seeking planning for, were almost complete when the Councillors went to see where the planning would possibly take place. The Clerk had discussions with the Planning Officer looking after the application and updated him on our findings. He was surprised by this as he had not granted planning permission to them at this stage. The Council informed the Dhamma Dipa that in future they should communicate more effectively with the Parish Council and discuss planning applications in advance of planning permission being granted or declined. Clerk to email Trust
7.2. The Council agreed to continue with the current process for reviewing planning applications under the new electronic planning system and review in a couple of months. Clerk to action

8. Finances

8.1. The Council agreed to pay Terry Griffiths Invoice TGC1123 £1050+VAT, Invoice TGC1153 £275+VAT and TGC1157 £275+VAT = £1920 inc VAT.
8.2. The Council agreed the final precept budget figure or £7000. Clerk to action
8.3. To Council agreed for the Clerk to review the new financial standing orders and come with a proposal for adoption at the May meeting. Clerk to action.

9. Reviewing Clerk’s current salary

9.1. The Council agreed to have a stand-in Clerk from HALC for March Meeting to cover Clerk in her maternity absence. The cost of a stand-in Clerk from HALC is £100 plus mileage. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted information sheet from Clerk

10.1. The Council confirmed that they would not be sending a donation to Dore Community Transport as the service is not widely used by the Parishioners to warrant such support. If this changes in the future then the Council will review it again. Clerk to action letter
10.2. The Council noted that Faster Broadband will be coming to Harewood End but has been delayed until the end of March.

11. The Council asked the Clerk to include the following agenda items at next meeting

11.1. Website – allocation of tasks to get information ready for set up in May
11.2. Llandinabo Bus Shelter
11.3. Election update
11.4. Faster Broadband

12. The Council noted date of next meeting, which will be the Annual meeting held on Thursday 21st May 2015 at 7pm

Meeting started at 7pm and was declared closed at 9pm