test

What's your favourite curry?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 16th JULY 2015 IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, Robert West, James Roberts,
Mrs Pat Roberts, Jason Pacey and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman)

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs, Frank Davis, Rosey Price, Bridget Samuel, Brian Goodwin, PCSO Lowri Anderson, County Councillor David Harlow and Dave Atkinson (Balfour Beatty Locality Steward)

2. Declaration of interests – there were none

3. Open discussion

3.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend the meeting and the Clerk circulated the Police Briefings via email.

3.2. A brief report from County Councillor David Harlow
3.2.1. County Cllr David Harlow was unable to attend but the Clerk read out his report. A copy will be placed on the website.

3.3. A brief report from Locality Steward Balfour Beatty, Dave Atkinson
3.3.1. Dave was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk reported back the following on his behalf
3.3.1.1. The village sign for Llandinabo on Laskett Lane – there is no budget available and it would have to funded by the Parish Council
3.3.1.2. The hedge in Llanwarne that is overgrown – Dave is dealing with this.

3.4. A brief report from Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman
3.4.1. Terry confirmed that two general maintenance days have been completed in the south parishes – Tretire, Michaelchurch and Pencoyd. More maintenance work is to be undertaken at Turkey Tump to keep it clear. Terry discussing with Jeremy Helme to put hard stone in gateway at bottom of Yew Lane where it meets the B4348.
3.4.2. Terry asked the Council if they would agree on the following task jobs. The Council AGREED to:
3.4.2.1. Monkton Lane – to complete the ditch work
3.4.2.2. Laskett Lane – there is considerable erosion on the narrow part 200/300yds off A49. Terry will request a site meeting with Dave Atkinson and Balfour Beatty.
3.4.2.3. To contact Captain Hazelhurst about putting an open ditch on his land to assist the flow of water off the highway

3.5. Views received from residents
3.5.1. Residents do not use Llandinabo Bus Shelter due to the fact that if they stand in the bus shelter they would not see the bus coming down the A49 to request it. Clerk to check if the Bus Stop is a request bus stop or a full bus stop. The Council AGREED to put a notice on the Bus Shelter to inform users that they intend to take it down after the 31st Oct unless there is any strong objection. Clerk to action
3.5.2. The Council AGREED to put the information on the website about the Good Neighbour Watch. Clerk to action

4. The minutes from the last meeting on 21st May 2015 were adopted and signed.

5. Finances

5.1. The Council AGREED to pay the following invoices
5.1.1. Terry Griffiths Invoices TGC1197 £284.50+VAT, TGC1198 £275+VAT, TGC1272 £400+VAT, TGC1282 £275+VAT and TGC1283 £275+VAT totalling £1811.40 inc VAT.
5.1.2. The Council AGREED to pay the Clerk’s monthly salary for July £273.30 and August £273.30.
5.2. The Council noted the Barclays Bank Balance on 16/7/15 was £3,909.64 and NIS Account was £1,253.44
5.3. To Council AGREED for the Clerk to look into transferring the NIS account money into a savings account at Barclays Bank so that it is easier to transfer money when required to help with cash flow. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman Scheme

6.1. The Council noted the Annual Maintenance Budget plan for 2015/16 the Clerk has completed and sent to Balfour Beatty.
6.2. The Council AGREED to look further into the P3 Scheme before they sign contract to do this Scheme. Clerk to action for the next meeting
6.3. The Council AGREED to sign the contract between Herefordshire Council and Parish Council for the Lengthsman Scheme only until they find out more about P3 Scheme. Clerk to action
6.3.1. The Council AGREED to sign the contract between the Parish Council and the Lengthsman and asked Terry for a copy of his insurance certificate. Clerk to action necessary paperwork
6.4. The Council AGREED for the Clerk to claim back the Lengthsman grant money for Q1. Clerk to action

7. Website

7.1. The Council noted the date for the Website Training on Mon 27th July 8-9pm. The Clerk, Cllrs Rosey Price and Jason Pacey to attend.
7.2. The Council AGREED to informing Parishioners about the website via a leaflet drop encouraging them to sign up to ne

wsletter plus advertising in Parish magazine. Clerk to action.

8. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)

8.1. The Clerk updated the Council that interest is waning in the NDP project and fewer and fewer people are attending the meetings. The Clerk suggested that a meeting should be arranged for Sept to try and rekindle interest but it would be important to have an outline plan to show people. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council AGREED for the Clerk to look into applying for a grant to support the NDP project with the view that if the money is not spent it can be handed back. Clerk to action.
8.3. The Clerk informed the Council that she will find out from other Parish Councils who are using an independent planning consultant, what costs are involved with using someone to help write the planning policies. The Council AGREED for the Clerk to investigate and report back. Clerk to action.

9. Planning

9.1. The Council noted the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting.
9.2. The Council AGREED that Planning Application 51993, Mr Mark Green Land at Court Farm, Much Birch, Hereford, Proposed poultry sheds and new access that they have no objections. Clerk to action replying by 4/8/15

10. The Clerk confirmed that all actions from last meeting have been completed and reported back at this meeting. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet detailing correspondence received.

11. To consider agenda items for next meeting

11.1. Faster broadband – attending Sept meeting. Clerk to advertise on Website and Parish Magazine. Clerk to action

12. The Council noted date of next meeting will be held on Thursday 17th September 2015 at 7.30pm

Meeting started at 7.40pm and was declared closed at 9.25pm

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.