Minutes from Ordinary Meeting 17th September 2015

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 17th SEPTEMBER 2015
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, Rosey Price, Mrs Bridget Samuel, James Roberts, Mrs Pat Roberts, Brian Goodwin, Frank Davis and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: County Cllr David Harlow, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward Balfour Beatty), Jane Rigler (Good Neighbour Scheme) and a member of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs Robert West, Jason Pacey and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests – there were none

3. Guest Speaker:
3.1. Matt Lloyd Fastershire Broadband made the following points:
3.1.1. Fastershire is a project name for Herefordshire and Gloucestershire faster broadband and BT have a contract worth £56M
3.1.2. Looking to have 40K houses in Herefordshire up and running with faster broadband by the end of 2016
3.1.3. 1st phase will aim to get 90% of homes with faster broadband by 2016 and 2nd phase 95% of homes by end of 2017. The remaining 5% of homes are under discussion.
3.1.4. Faster broadband will either be to the premises or from the cabinet. Premises will have a faster broadband speed. The closer you are to the cabinet the faster your broadband speed.
3.1.5. For further information, about the project and how to sign up to register, visit the Fastershire website www.fastershire.com to find out when faster broadband will be available in your area or alternatively speak to your internet provider.

3.2. Jane Rigler from Good Neighbour Scheme
3.2.1. Jane is looking to set up the Good Neighbour Scheme which has already been detailed in the Parish Magazine. She is looking for volunteers to help man the helpline number or would like to volunteer time to help someone.
3.2.2. The Parish Council AGREED to spread the word about the Scheme and also to put the details on their website.

4. The minutes from the last meeting on 16th July 2015 were adopted and signed.

5. Open discussion

5.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend the meeting and the Clerk circulated the Police Briefings via email.

5.2. A brief report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.2.1. County Cllr David Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to circulate prior to the meeting to Councillors and this will also be put on the website. Clerk to action
5.2.2. County Cllr Harlow reported the following:
5.2.2.1. Herefordshire Council have a budget consultation survey on line and asking as many Parishioners to log their views. Cllr Harlow asked the Parish Council to put the link on their website and noticeboards https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/government-citizens-and-rights/democracy/council-finances/priorities-and-budget-consultation-2016-to-2020
5.2.2.2. Cllr Harlow is in discussions with the Highways with regard to the road surface on the A49 through Harewood End Village. The Parish Council asked Cllr Harlow if he would also report to the Highways the lack of white line road markings at the junction at the bottom of Harewood End pitch where the C1234 road from Orcop joins the A49. There are no clear lines showing drivers where to stop/give way on the C1234 before they join the A49. Action Cllr to report to Highways.

5.3. A brief report from Locality Steward Balfour Beatty, Dave Atkinson
5.3.1. Dave reported on the following:
5.3.1.1. Work is being carried out at Monkton Place by BBLP to repair the fence and complete some ditch work.
5.3.1.2. Most of the potholes have been repaired.
5.3.1.3. The second cut grass/verge cutting in rural areas should be completed in next 3 weeks.
5.3.1.4. SID (Speed Indicator Device) – Dave is looking into the possibility of purchasing a SID machine between a group of Parish Councils so that they can share the cost and use. Estimated cost of SID is £1700. Would we be interested? The Parish Council AGREED that they would be interested in being a part of this. Dave said he would find out more details and report back to us at a future meeting. Action Dave Atkinson

5.4. Views received from residents
5.4.1. Residents had raised the issue to Councillors of speeding vehicles through the village of Llanwarne and asked if anything can be done about it. Dave Atkinson said that he would look into the requirements for a village sign and suggest some wording. Dave to action sending details to Clerk
5.4.2. It was AGREED to look into the cost of a village sign for Llandinabo village. Clerk to action.

6. The gift of land to the Parish Council to celebrate 100 years of the WI
6.1. It was AGREED for Chairman John Honey to speak to Mrs I Williams to find out more details about what will be put on the land and the expectation of the Parish Council, before they accept the gift of land. Cllr J Honey to action
6.2. Clerk to speak to insurers and HALC to find out the implications of accepting a gift of land. Clerk to action

7. Lengthsman Scheme
7.1. Report by Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman
7.1.1. Terry reported that he is on target with the maintenance days around the Parishes.
7.1.2. He has been working on Marsh Lane near Coronation Cottages and trying to solve the problem of the water running on to the road and not draining off. He has put some grips on the verges helping to divert the water off the highway.
7.1.3. Terry asked if the Clerk could email a list of village assets so that he can maintain them as part of the agreed Annual Maintenance Plan. Clerk to action list and updating the Annual Maintenance Plan
7.2. It was AGREED for Terry to continue with maintenance work and the Council approved the work to be carried out at Monkton to sort out the ditch and flooding problems.
7.3. It was AGREED that the Parish Council is keen to join the P3 Footpath Scheme but there are 30km of footpaths in our group of Parishes to walk once or twice a year then we will need volunteers or local footpath walkers from each Parish to help with reporting defects to the Footpath Officer and/or Clerk. It was AGREED for the Clerk to put a notice in the Parish Magazine and on the website asking if anyone would like to volunteer their time to help. The value of the grant is £1500. Clerk to action.
7.4. Terry reported that we regards to the ditches maintenance options there is more clarification required around what the Lengthsman can and can’t do. Once this has been obtained from Herefordshire Council/BBLP then Terry will be able to proceed with the planned ditch work.
7.5. Terry will be carrying out the winter maintenance on the blue salt grit bins. He will locate them, empty out the old grit and replace with new grit.

8. Finances
8.1. There were no financial risks identified
8.2. The Clerk presented a draft precept budget that had been put together by the Finance Working Group (Cllrs F Davis, P Roberts and the Clerk) to the Council. It was AGREED to advertise this on the website and review the final budget figure at the November meeting. Clerk to action
8.3. The Finance Working Group reported to the Council that they had completed their quarterly review of the receipts, payments, bank reconciliation, bank statements, Lengthsman budget and VAT reclaims and all was in order.
8.3.1. The Barclays Bank Balance as at 15/9/2105 was £1551.64 and NSI account balance is £1253.44 as at 1/1/2015
8.3.2. The Council AGREED to open up a savings account with Barclays Bank with a view of transferring the NSI money into this account so that it is more easily available to transfer into the current account. Clerk to ask Cllr P Roberts to action
8.4. The Council AGREED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
8.4.1. Lengthsman invoices: TGC1353 £275, TGC1354 £275, TGC1355 £125 = £675 plus VAT
8.4.2. Clerks monthly salary payments for September £273.30 and October £273.30
8.4.3. HALC invoice for Transparency Code training £12.50 plus VAT
8.4.4. Expenses for Clerk – Freedom of Information/Data Protection £35
8.5. The Council noted the reclaim request for Lengthsman invoices for Q1 to Herefordshire Council/Balfour Beatty of £950
8.6. The Council noted the VAT reclaim request from 1/3/15 to 30/6/15 for £499.72

9. Website
9.1. The Clerk confirmed that she had now received her website training along with Cllrs R Price and J Pacey.
9.2. The Councillors AGREED to help distribute some leaflets informing Parishioners about the website and encourage them to sign up to the website. The Clerk has a supply of the printed leaflets if anyone needs any more. Action all Councillors and Clerk

10. Community Governance Review
10.1. The Council AGREED that they are happy with the current set up and therefore had no comment currently on the Community Governance Review. Clerk to action replying to email by 30th Sept

11. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
11.1. The Clerk to arrange a NDP meeting for end of October. Clerk to action

12. Planning
12.1. The Council noted the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting.
12.2. Planning Application 151320, Land adjacent to Quarry Bank, Hoarwithy, proposed dwelling and access. The Council AGREED that Cllr F Davis to go and look at the proposed site and report back to the Clerk so that she can respond. Cllr F Davis and Clerk to action

13. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet detailing correspondence received and update on actions.

14. To consider agenda items for next meeting
14.1. Llandinabo Bus Shelter, Village signage, Precept

15. The Council noted date of next meeting will be held on Thursday 19th November 2015 at 7.30pm

Meeting started at 7.40pm and was declared closed at 9.25pm