Minutes from Ordinary Meeting on 5th July 2018

Mtg No: 156

DRAFT
LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 5th July 2018
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs Frank Davis (Chair), Pat Roberts, James Roberts, Brian Goodwin, Rosey Price, Jason Pacey and Gordon Price

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk). There were no members of the public present.

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs John Honey, Robert West, and Bridget Samuel, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) and County Cllr David Harlow

2. Declaration of interests – There was no declaration of interests.

3. The minutes from the Annual Ordinary meeting held on 17th May were signed and adopted.

4. Open discussion
4.1. View from local residents: There were no items raised.
4.2. Cllr Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors to read in his absence.
4.3. Dave Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend. The Council asked the Clerk to report the following pothole issues to Dave and via the Herefordshire Council website: Clerk to action
4.3.1. Potholes on road from Treberon Farm on C1234 and along the Marsh Lane towards Dhamma Dippa are getting gradually worse all the time. Clerk to contact Cllr Harlow and Dave Atkinson to raise the issue of this road. Clerk to action.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
5.1. Report from Parish Footpath Officer: – Elizabeth Malcolm reported the following items to report on footpaths in the parishes.
5.1.1. Several paths have been walked since the last meeting. Generally they are in good order. Some clearing of nettles, thistles, brambles and branches has taken place along with some minor stile repair. 20 of the footpaths in the parish (50%) have now been walked in this half year period so far. The planned walk from the village hall went ahead, despite the continuous rain. A date is still to be set for the next one (aiming for July / August depending on local events), which we will seek to advertise through the Parish Council and Village Hall.
5.1.2. Outstanding matters from previous meetings
5.1.2.1. PC8 – issues identified and reported November ’17 with brambles and disrepair to stiles etc, is once again impossible to walk again due to uncut verge and pathway beside wood entirely overgrown. Still requires an update on work to repair one of the stiles. Clerk to action getting update
5.1.2.2. LW5 – footplate on stile where the path meets LW4 is loose due to having rotten at the base. Previously erroneously mentioned as being at road junction and junction with LW2. This is off road.
5.1.2.3. TM5 – arrow direction signs on stile posts at southern end have deteriorated and need to be replaced. Can Elizabeth Malcolm be supplied with some footpath discs to rectify please? Can a request be made at the meeting for the locality steward to supply more please? Clerk to ask Locality Steward
5.1.3. Issues identified since last meeting: LW4 – path through the garden near the village hall car park has been blocked by vegetation and garden furniture, though an alternative route currently exists. There is also a loose post which makes one of the handrails unsafe on the bridge over the stream leading out of the car park. This has been reported to Highways via the website.
5.1.4. TM7, TM7A – stiles are difficult to get over – particularly at the road junction on TM7A
5.1.5. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk and Footpath Officers to organize repairs as necessary. Clerk and PFO to action 
5.2. Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting but everything was in order with end of year budget. The Council asked the Clerk to report the footpath issues raised by Parish Footpath Officers. Clerk to action emailing Terry

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the Barclays current account bank balance to be £5657.31 and savings account to be £4506.74 on 5/7/18. The budget spend was reviewed and on track for end of the financial year.
6.2. The Council noted that the insurance renewal with Came and Co for £341.20 has been completed – Chq 100184
6.3. The Council noted receipt of reclaim of Lengthsman and P3 Scheme money £1821.49
6.4. The Council RESOLVED payment of following invoices. Clerk to action
6.4.1. Internal Audit fee – David Bevan £30 – Chq 100185
6.4.2. Autela Payroll Services
6.4.2.1. Back dated PAYE invoice 13993 – £252.72 – joint cheque to Autela – Chq100186
6.4.2.2. Q1 (Apr, May & Jun) PAYE invoice 13994 – £46.80 = total to pay Autela £299.52 – Chq 100186
6.4.3. Terry Griffiths Lengthsman invoice TGC – no invoice received
6.5. The Council raised no financial risks at this meeting.
6.6. The Council reviewed and RESOLVED to adopt the new Standing Orders and Financial Regulations. Clerk to action

7. Planning
7.1. The Council received a presentation and listened to a discussion about the proposed Llanwarne Village Hall Consultation from local Parishioners. Further discussions will need to take place with Llanwarne Parishioners and the Village Hall Committee. The Parish Council will be kept updated as required.
7.2. The Council considered the planning applications:
7.2.1. Planning Consultation – 181598 – Land at Harewood Cottage, Harewood End, Herefordshire,
Proposed demolition of commercial workshop and outbuildings. Erection of a two storey house with a single storey glazed conservatory link to the existing garage. An extension to the front of the existing garage. A vehicular access to the front of Harewood Cottage and the erection of a double garage and parking area. Reply date past. The Council noted this application and had no further comment.
7.2.2. Planning Consultation – 181944 – Land at Llanwarne Car Park, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE. Proposed works to Lawson Cypress tree which is approximately 25 to 30 years old. The tree is leaning about 40% and impacting vehicle movement. Reply date past. The Council noted this application and had no further comment.
7.2.3. Planning Consultation – 182102 Hillgates Farm Hillgates Hereford Herefordshire HR2 8JG, Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed building. The Council noted this planning application
7.2.4. Planning Consultation – 182093 – Summerfields, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE. Proposed first floor extension and alterations. Reply by 6th July. The Council RESOLVED to support this application and had no further comments to make. Clerk to action.
7.3. The Council noted the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting

8. The Clerk updated the Council on defibrillator installation, signs and training courses
8.1. Clerk to arrange defibrillator signs at Llanwarne Village and Harewood End Inn. Clerk to action.
8.2. Defibrillator Training Courses to be arranged for September at St Weonards and Harewood End Inn. Clerk to action getting dates arranged and advertised

9. GDRP: The Clerk updated the Council on the GDPR action list. All in order and the relevant policies are on the Website.

10. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet

11. The Council considered the following agenda items for next meeting: Village Hall Consultation, Verge Cutting from Dave Atkinson and ask Cllr Harlow for an update on the current bypass decision and the potential impact on the A49 traffic. Clerk to action

12. To Council noted the date of the next meeting held on Thursday 20th September 2018 at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed at 8.40pm.