Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 15th March 2018

Mtg No: 153

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 15th March 2018
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Pat Roberts, James Roberts, Frank Davis, Gordon Price,

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk). There were no members of the public present.

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs Robert West, Brian Goodwin, Rosey Price, Jason Pacey and Bridget Samuel, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty), County Cllr David Harlow and Parish Footpath Officers Elizabeth Malcolm and Declan Williams

2. Declaration of interests – There was one declaration of interest on item 7.1.5 Planning application 180495 Limefields, Wormelow by Cllr G Price. The declaration of interest was noted and Cllr G Price signed the book and will not take part in any discussions on this item.

3. The minutes from the Ordinary meeting held on 18th January were signed and adopted.

4. Open discussion
4.1. View from local residents:
4.1.1. The Clerk had received a telephone call from a resident to raise concerns about the B4231 in regards to the state of the road and speed of vehicles particularly large lorries. There are several small entrances that come out on to this road and visibility is limited to see and hear these speeding vehicles. The Council RESOLVED that the Clerk email Balfour Beatty about the concerns and speak to Cllr Harlow so that he is aware. Clerk to action
4.1.2. The Clerk reported that Llanwarne Village Hall Committee had held a meeting on 5th February to discuss future plans of the Village Hall and proposed development of the flat above the hall with a view to renting it out. The Council asked the Clerk to find out from the Village Hall Committee who owns the building and more details about the proposed plans for the refurbishment of the hall and flat. Clerk to action
4.2. Cllr Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors to read in his absence.
4.3. Dave Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend. The Council asked the Clerk to report the following pothole issues to Dave and via the Herefordshire Council website: Clerk to action
4.3.1. Potholes on by Treberon on C1234 and along the Marsh Lane towards Dhamma Dippa are getting very bad.
4.3.2. The ditch above track entrance to Cocksbrook on C1235 road is collapsing in and risk to vehicles falling into it.
4.4. The Council noted the Police had nothing more to report than their newsletter.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
5.1. Report from Parish Footpath Officer: – Declan Williams and Elizabeth Malcolm were unable to attend the meeting but had the following items to report on footpaths in the parishes.
5.1.1. PC8 footpath – This footpath had been cleared by the landowner.
5.1.2. LW2/LW5 – Llanwarne footpaths identified in previous report. Clerk and Declan to chase up identifying the landowners for these defects. Clerk and Declan to action.
5.2. Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting but everything was in order with end of year budget. The Council asked the Clerk to report the flooding issues at Hollinsbridge after the bad weather and the drains need cutting into the verges again. Clerk to action emailing Terry

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the Barclays current account bank balance to be £2404.07 and savings account to be £4504.49 on 15/3/18. The budget spend was reviewed and on track for end of the financial year.
6.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of following invoices. Clerk to action
6.2.1. Terry Griffiths Lengthsman invoice TGC0301 £382+VAT – cheque 100177
6.2.2. HALC subscription fee 2018/19 invoice H236 £381.44+VAT – cheque 100178
6.2.3. Clerks expenses for stationary and Defib training – £52.27 – cheque 100179
6.3. The Council identified the following financial risks: the new Data Protection Laws and newly appointed External Auditor.
6.4. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to attend the following training sessions for Data Protection update and Audit Update. Each training course is £25+VAT each but will be shared between the Clerk’s 3 Parish Councils.

7. Planning
7.1. The Council considered the planning applications:
7.1.1. Planning application 180284 – Dhamma Dipa, St Owens Cross, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JS
Retrospective erection of new Meditation Hall. Reply by 16th March. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to arrange a site visit to include Cllr Harlow. Clerk to action
7.1.2. Planning application – 180285 – Vipassana Trust Dhamma Dipa, St Owens Cross, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JS
Proposed extension of existing meditation centre to include 2 storey office/kitchen and dining hall building; single storey laundry and accumulator store; and single storey servers meditation room. Reply by 19th March. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to arrange a site visit to include Cllr Harlow. Clerk to action
7.1.3. Planning application – 180404 Upper Barn at Tretire Farm, St Owens Cross, Herefordshire,
Proposed conversion of redundant farm buildings to a dwellinghouse, creation of garden, vehicular access and track. Reply by 5th March. The Council RESOLVED they had no objections to this application. Clerk to action replying
7.1.4. Planning application – 180788 Land at Edge Meadow House, Harewood End, Application for approval of details reserved by condition 4 5 6 7 9 1011 12 13 14 & 15 attached to planning permission 163861 and Non-material amendment to 163861 (Erection of a new dwelling) minor external alterations and raising of the ridge. Reply by 22nd March. Cllr F Davis to look at this application and let Clerk know his thoughts. Cllr Davis to action
7.1.5. Planning Application – 180495 Planning Consultation – 180495 – Land at Limefields cottage, Wormelow, Herefordshire HR2 8EL
Erection of a timber cabin for use as holiday let, as well as a small timber pole barn adjacent. Reply by 7th March. The Council RESOLVED they had no objections to this planning application. Clerk to action
7.2. The Council noted the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting

8. The Clerk updated the Council on defibrillator installation, signs and training courses
8.1. Clerk to chase up Richard Craig on installation of defibrillator at Harewood End Inn. Clerk to action.
8.2. Defibrillator Training Courses to be arranged for June/July time at St Weonards and Harewood End Inn. Clerk to action getting dates arranged
8.3. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to order Defibrillator sign to for Llanwarne village. Once the defibrillator is installed at Harewood End, Clerk to ask the Landlord about putting a defibrillator sign up. Clerk to action

9. The Council RESOLVED to purchase a Poppy Wreath to put on the War Memorial on Armistice Day this year – cost will be approximately £20 and to support anything that may be organised by the village. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet

11. The Council considered the following agenda items for next meeting: Village Hall and flat update. Clerk to action

12. To Council noted the date of the next meeting would be the Annual Parish meeting held on Thursday 17th May 2018 at 7pm, followed directly by the Annual Ordinary Meeting.

Meeting closed at 8.40pm.