Minutes of Ordinary meeting 5th Dec 2019

Mtg No: 163

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 2nd December 2019
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs Jason Pacey (Chair), Brian Goodwin, and Bridget Samuel.

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk). There were 0 members of the public present.

The Parish Council were not quorate but the meeting went ahead to discuss any items but no items could be RESOLVED until the next meeting.

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs Paula Snow, Pat Roberts, James Roberts, Gordon Price, Rosie Price, Anthony Snell, County Cllr Toni Fagan and Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman.

2. Co-option – There is still one vacancy on the Council at present but there were no co-options at this meeting.

3. Declaration of interests –
3.1. There were no declarations of interest raised.

4. The minutes from the Ordinary meeting held on 19th September were read but could not be signed and adopted. The minutes will be signed and adopted at the January meeting.

5. Open discussion
5.1. View from local residents: –
5.1.1. The Clerk updated the Council on:
5.1.1.1. “20 is Plenty” Scheme – The Clerk suggested that to progress this scheme that someone in Llanwarne would need to take the lead on this.
5.1.1.2. Bus Shelter on A49 – The Parish Council will need to gain permission from Highways to put up a bus shelter. Waiting to hear back from Balfour Beatty who asking to seek permission via Highways. Cllr Fagan has offered to help support getting a bus stop on A49. Clerk to find out who put up the Kingsthorne Bus Stop. Clerk to action
5.1.1.3. Village Hall ownership/Land Registry – Cllr Goodwin offered to ask his son, who is a Solicitor, if he could look into the Land Registry ownership of the Village Hall. Action Cllr Goodwin.
5.1.1.4. No right turn of the U71601 road – Clerk has sent a request to Balfour Beatty via James Howell, who has submitted it to be considered.
5.2. The Parish Council received a brief report from County Councillor Toni Fagan:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan was unable to attend the meeting.
5.3. The Parish Council noted that they had received reports via email from James Howell, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty

6. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. The Council had received a report from Elizabeth Malcolm Parish Footpath Officer:.
6.2. The Clerk had received a brief report from Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman, who was unable to attend, that he had one outstanding maintenance day to complete before end of winter months.

7. Signs
7.1. Cllr Goodwin updated the Council on whereabouts he would suggest erecting the Llandinabo Village Signs. Clerk to check with James Howell what permission required and Clerk to get quotes and costs for the signs. Clerk to action

8. Defibrillator Signs
8.1. Clerk to obtain cost of signs for defibrillator at Harewood End and check with the Pub owners they are happy with the suggestions. Clerk to action

9. Llanwarne War Memorial
9.1. Clerk had received an update from a local resident who maintains the upkeep of the War Memorial who reported that the east side wall needs come upkeep. Clerk to speak to Terry to look at and report to Parish Council. Clerk to action

10. Planning
10.1. The Council discussed the following planning applications but could not make any resolutions:
10.1.1. P193810 – Gamberhead Farmhouse, Wormelow, Herefordshire, HR2 8EL DESCRIPTION: Change of use of land for siting of 3 no. self-contained shepherds huts for holiday let use.
10.1.2. Planning Application 173774 – 173780 – Biddlestone Farm, Llangarron, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 6NT DESCRIPTION: To erect up to 28 hectares of fixed (i.e. non-rotating) ‘Spanish’ plus other supporting items.
10.2. The Council noted the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last

11. Finances
11.1. The Bank Balance was noted that on the 12th August the current account was £7561.03 and the savings account was £4515.74 and budget spend was on track.
11.2.
11.2.1. Terry Griffiths Lengthsm P3 work invoice TGC0874 – £364+VAT and invoice TGC0875 £25+VAT – Chq 100227
11.2.2. Clerks Salary for November £346.26 – Chq 100228
11.2.3. Defibrillator replacement pads and battery – reimburse Clerk £123+VAT – Chq 100229
11.2.4. HALC website domain hosting Invoice 738 – £95+VAT – Chq 100230
11.3. The Clerk asked if Councillors who are going to be bank signatories would sign bank mandate form. Clerk to action
11.4. The Council present discussed the Parish Precept for 2020-21 and made the following suggested of keeping the Precept at £9,500. The final decision to be made at the January meeting.
11.5. The Council did not identified any financial risks

12. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet and any correspondence received.

13. The Council considered the following agenda items for next meeting: Precept, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, signs.

14. To Council noted the date of the next meeting held on Thursday 16th January 2020 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed at 8.38pm.