Minutes of Ordinary meeting on 18th January 2018

Mtg No: 152

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 18th January 2018
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs James Roberts (standing in as Chair in Chairman’s absence), Gordon Price, Brian Goodwin, Rosey Price, Jason Pacey and Bridget Samuel

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk) and Parish Footpath Officer Elizabeth Malcolm. There were no members of the public present.

1. Apologies were received from Cllr John Honey, Cllr Frank Davis, Cllr Pat Roberts, Cllr Robert West, Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty), County Cllr David Harlow and Parish Footpath Officer Declan Williams

2. Declaration of interests – There was one declaration of interest on item 7.2.1 Planning application 180171 – Willow End, Llanwarne for Cllr R Price. The declaration of interest was noted and Cllr R Price signed the book.

3. The minutes from the Ordinary meeting held on 16th November were signed and adopted.

4. Open discussion
4.1. View from local residents: There were no issues raised.
4.2. Cllr Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors to read in his absence.
4.3. Dave Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend. The Council asked the Clerk to report the following pothole issues to Dave and via the Herefordshire Council website.  Clerk to action
4.3.1. Potholes by Michaelchurch Church
4.3.2. Potholes at Llandinabo by Sir Roy Strong’s property.
4.4. The Council note the request from the Police to inform them of any issues in Parish for Police to resolve. The Council had nothing to report currently.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
5.1. Report from Parish Footpath Officer: – Declan Williams and Elizabeth Malcolm had the following items to report on footpaths in the parishes. Elizabeth updated the Council in Declan’s absence:
5.1.1. PC8 footpath – Clerk has spoken to landowner and this work will get completed. Clerk to give Elizabeth contact details of landowner. Clerk to action
5.1.2. LW2 footpath – Clerk to ask Terry to look at finger post on this footpath by A466. Clerk to action
5.1.3. LW2/LW5 – Cllr R Price to speak to local residents about the route of this footpath and identify landowners. Cllr R Price to action
5.1.4. LW4 footpath in village car park missing signpost – Clerk to speak to Declan about the history of this footpath and signpost. Clerk to action
5.2. Terry Griffiths, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend but reported that he was planning maintenance days in January and March and asked if the Parish Footpath Officers Declan and Elizabeth could let him know if there is any work that needs carrying out before the end of the financial year in March. Clerk to action

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the Barclays current account bank balance to be £3781.05 and savings account to be £4501.75 on 18th January.
6.1.1. A bank transfer of £2000 from savings account to current account was made on 17th Jan.
6.1.2. The budget spend was reviewed and on track for end of the financial year.
6.2. The Council RESOLVED the Parish Precept to be £9500 for 2018/19. Clerk to put on website with explanation. Clerk to action
6.3. The Council RESOLVED payment of following invoices.  Clerk to action
6.3.1. Terry Griffiths Lengthsman invoice TGC0239 £382+VAT – cheque 100174
6.3.2. Clerks outstanding salary payment for Dec 2017 £151.42 as new standing order had not been set up by 14th December – cheque 100176
6.4. There were no financial risks identified by the Council.

7. Planning
7.1. The Council considered the planning applications:
7.1.1. Planning application 180065 – The Old Rectory, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE
Works to four trees – 2 Alder, a willow and a Prunus, Mr Bruce Burton, 
Works to Trees in a Conservation Area. Reply by 31st Jan. The Parish Council RESOLVED they had no objections. Clerk to action
7.1.2. Planning application 180171 – Willow End, Llanwarne, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8JE
T01 – Reduce the Weeping Willow back to its original pollard point. T02- Reduce the Crack Willow back to its original pollard/coppice’s point. T03- Fell Norway Maple. T04-Fell leaning Conifer. T05 – Reduce the height of the group of Conifers back to hedge height. T06- Fell Conifer. Works to Trees in a Conservation Area. Reply by 7th Feb. The Parish Council RESOLVED they had no objections. Clerk to action
7.2. The Council noted the outline plans to convert School House attached to Llanwarne Village Hall. There is a Village Meeting being held on Monday 5th February at 6pm to discuss the possibility of obtaining grants to do work on the Old School House to convert it into a flat to rent out. Richard Timney from Community First is coming out to speak to the Village Hall Community on 5th Feb.
7.3. The Council noted the planning applications received and decisions made from Herefordshire Council since the last meeting
7.3.1. The Council noted the various planning applications for Biddlestone Orchards.
7.4. The Council noted the Neighbourhood Development Plan from Little Birch and Aconbury. They had no further comment.

8. The Clerk updated the Council on defibrillator installation, signs and training courses
8.1. Clerk to chase up Richard Craig on installation of defibrillator at Harewood End Inn. Clerk to action
8.2. Defibrillator Training Courses are organised for 23rd Jan at St Weonards Village, 3rd Feb at Llanwarne Village Hall and 13th March with Llanwarne WI at Llanwarne Village Hall.
8.3. Clerk showed Council examples of defibrillator signs. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to send a copy of the sign to the Llanwarne Church and Village Hall Committees to see if they are happy with it. Clerk to action

9. The Council discussed various options for 100 years celebration of end of 1st WW in 2018. The Council RESOLVED to purchase a Poppy Wreath to put on the War Memorial on Armistice Day this year – cost will be approximately £20 and to support anything that may be organised by the village. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet

11. The Council considered the following agenda items for next meeting: Defibrillator Sign, Village Hall Old School House update. Clerk to action

12. To Council noted the date of the next meeting would be Thursday 15th March 2018 at 7.30pm. The Council also RESOLVED for the July meeting to be held on 5th instead of 19th. Clerk to action

Meeting closed at 8.40pm.