Ordinary Meeting 17th March 2016

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 17th MARCH 2016
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

Councillors Present: Cllrs John Honey (Chair), Gordon Price, James Roberts, Rosey Price, Brian Goodwin, Frank Davis, Jason Pacey (Parish Footpath Officer), Bridget Samuel and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk)

In attendance: County Cllr David Harlow and 5 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Pat Roberts, Cllr Robert West, David Atkinson (Locality Steward Balfour Beatty), Terry Griffiths (Lengthsman) and PCSO Lowri Anderson

2. Declaration of interests
2.1. Mrs I Williams, a member of the public, declared an interest on Item 6 – a gift of land to commerorate 100 years of WI.

3. The minutes from the last meeting on 28th January 2016 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion

4.1. West Mercia Police – PCSO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend the meeting. Clerk to put the current police briefing on the website and email to all councillors. Clerk to action

4.2. A brief report from County Councillor David Harlow
4.2.1. County Cllr David Harlow sent the Clerk a Ward Report for the Councillors to be read at the meeting. Clerk to put the report on the website. Clerk to action
4.2.2. Cllr Harlow was asked by the Council what the process for a Traffic Enforcement Order for 30mph limit in the village of Llanwarne. Cllr Harlow agreed to find out more about the process and cost and report back to the Council. Cllr Harlow to action

4.3. A brief report from Locality Steward Balfour Beatty, Dave Atkinson
4.3.1. Dave was unable to attend the meeting, so nothing to report.

4.4. Views received from residents
4.4.1. Speeding reduction signs for Llanwarne village
4.4.1.1. The Council RESOLVED that they would order two signs for Llanwarne village to help with reducing the speeding traffic through the village. Clerk to get final quotes for signs with wording “Welcome to Llanwarne” and “Llanwarne” “Please drive carefully”. Clerk to action.

5. Planning
5.1.1. Planning application 160371 Dhamma Dippa, St Owens Cross, to build a single storey student accommodation building comprising 9 single bedrooms with shared showers and wcs, and 1 accessible en- suite bedroom. There were two representatives from Dhamma Dippa who attended the meeting who presented the planning application to the Council and answered any questions. The Council voted on the above application with 4/7 (3 Councillors obstaining) in favour of reporting that they objective to the planning application with the following comment that “the site is over developed”. Clerk to action reporting the comment.
5.1.2. Planning application 160557 Limefields Cottage Wormelow, two storey extension to south gable Planning application. The Council agreed to visit this property to review the application before making a decision.
5.1.3. 160727 Rectory Cottage, St Owens Cross, proposed side extensions and renovation. The Council agreed to visit this property to review this planning application before making a decision.
5.2. The Council noted the planning update sheet prepared by the Clerk.

6. The gift of land to the Parish Council to celebrate 100 years of the WI
6.1. The Chairman confirmed that he had received the contract from Mrs I Williams with regards to the gift of land. The land will be a gift from Mrs Williams to the Parish Council, she will fence it, maintain the hedge, there will be no access to the brook for the Parish Council, however Mrs Williams will have access to the brook, a commemorative stone and some trees will also be part of the gift. In the contract it also states that the land will be returned to Llanwarne Court if the Parish Council are unable to manage it. The Council RESOLVED to accept the gift of land, but will need to seek legal advice before the sign the contract and finally accept the gift of land. Clerk to action

7. The commemorative medal for schools and councils for HM Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday
7.1. The Council RESOLVED to find out, via the local Primary Schools and Preschools, approximately how many children aged 0-11years are residents in the Parishes to enable a decision to be made on the cost of purchasing the commemorative medals. Clerk to action

8. Lengthsman Scheme
8.1. Report by Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman
8.1.1. Terry was unable to attend the meeting. The Council reviewed his latest worksheets and invoices of the current work he had carried out. All was in order.
8.2. Terry had reported that he would be putting the Monkton drainage project as priority in the new budget 2016/17.
8.3. Cllr Pacey, the Parish Footpath Officer reported that the group of volunteers had met and it was agreed to identify and list the footpaths on the parish maps that need to be maintained under the P3 Scheme. Cllr Pacey will be co-ordinating the P3 Scheme and volunteers. All defects will be reported via the Clerk for work to be carried out by the Lengthsman or Balfour Beatty. Clerk to chase up the Parish maps from Louise Greig, Balfour Beatty or purchase some Ordance Survey maps. Clerk to action

9. Finances
9.1. The Clerk confirmed that the Barclays Bank Balance as at 17/03/2106 was £4606.17. Budget on track.
9.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
9.2.1. Lengthsman invoices TGC1451 £375+VAT, TGC1525 £375+VAT,
9.2.2. P3 invoices TGC1529 £250+VAT, TGC1548 £300+VAT and TGC1553 £250+VAT = Total to Terry Griffiths £1550+VAT
9.2.3. Clerks monthly salary payments for March and April
9.2.4. Eyelid Productions – Website support and backup Invoice 1795 £100
9.2.5. Herefordshire Council Election Charges Invoice 91113003 £155.75
9.2.6. HALC subs 2016/17 Invoice 7067 £386.61+VAT
9.2.7. HALC Info Overload Training course for Clerk Invoice 6302 £12.50+VAT – this is half the total of the invoice as it has been split between 2 Parish Councils
9.3. The Council noted the reclaim for Lengthsman invoices for Q3 for £1025 had been received
9.4. The Council noted reclaim for VAT £642.50 had been received
9.5. The Council noted that N&SI savings account had been closed and £1264.01 had been transferred to the Barclays Bank account.
9.6. The Council identified the following financial risks to the Council and RESOLVED the following actions
9.6.1. The Council ask the Clerk to find out more information about what the Council need to do with regards to offering the Clerk a Pension. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet detailing correspondence received and update on actions.

11. To consider agenda items for next meeting
11.1. Gift of land, Commemorative Medals, Talk for Annual Parish Mtg from Heartstart and defibrillators.

12. The Council noted the date of next meeting will be held on Thursday 19th May 2016 at 7pm, this will be the Annual Parish Meeting, followed by the Annual Ordinary Meeting.