Ordinary Minutes Meeting 30th January 2020

Mtg No: 164

 

LLANWARNE AND DISTRICT GROUP PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 30TH JANUARY 2020
IN LLANWARNE VILLAGE HALL AT 7.30PM

 

Councillors Present: Cllrs Jason Pacey (Chair), Paula Snow, Pat Roberts, James Roberts, Gordon Price, Rosie Price and Brian Goodwin.

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk), County Cllr Toni Fagan and Elizabeth Malcolm (Parish Footpath Officer). There were 0 members of the public present.

1. Apologies were received from, Cllrs Anthony Snell, Bridget Samuel, and Terry Griffiths (Parish Lengthsman).

2. Co-option – There is still one vacancy on the Council at present but there were no co-options at this meeting. The Council asked the Clerk to put an advertisement in the local Parish Magazines to inform people there is a vacancy on the Parish Council. Clerk to action

3. Declaration of interests
3.1. There were no declarations of interest raised.

4. The minutes from the Ordinary meeting held on 19th September and 2nd December 2019 were read, signed and adopted.

5. Open discussion
5.1. View from local residents: –
5.1.1. The Clerk updated the Council on:
5.1.1.1. “20 is Plenty” Scheme – The Clerk suggested that to progress this scheme that someone in Llanwarne would need to take the lead on this.
5.1.1.2. Bus Shelter on A49 – The Clerk confirmed she had contacted Highways England and was waiting to hear back from them as to what the next procedure is. Funding could potentially be an issue. Cllr Fagan asked to be kept informed so that she can support the project where she can. Clerk to follow up
5.1.1.3. Village Hall Car Park ownership/Land Registry – Cllr Goodwin confirmed his son, who is a Solicitor, has looked into the ownership of the Village Hall Car Park with the Land Registry but the land is not on the register and therefore is not owned by anyone. It was suggested to speak to HALC and also the Church Commissioners to see what advice they can offer. Clerk to action
5.1.1.4. No right turn of the U71601 road – Clerk has received the following update from Balfour Beatty via James Howell, that a TRO would need to be raised. The Council RESOLVED to contact the Safer Partnership Team/Ian Connolly to look at this bit of road/junction along with the general speeding and the dangers posed on the B4338 at Broomy Court turning.
5.1.1.5. Landslip and Trees in Llanwarne – The Coppice Trees on the property on Gibraltar Lane had been inspected and the recommendation to the resident is to cut the trees back to make it safe. This work will be carried out at some point.
5.2. The Parish Council received a brief report from County Councillor Toni Fagan:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan had sent a January report to the Parish Council prior to attending the meeting. Clerk to put the report on the Website.
5.2.1.1. The last flood the County did not declare a major incident at the time and missed out on funding.
5.2.1.2. The Council is looking into the congestion in Hereford.
5.3. The Parish Council noted that they had received reports via email from James Howell, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty
5.3.1. The Council asked the Clerk to report the following to Balfour Beatty: to look at the ditches on the A466 by Goat Farm as the water is constantly flowing across here. Also to report the potholes on Laskett Lane by Sir Roy Strong’s house and potholes on the C1234 road which runs between A49 and A466. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. The Council had received the following update from Elizabeth Malcolm Parish Footpath Officer:
6.1.1. Elizabeth had been able to complete some late winter cut back on some footpaths where required.
6.1.2. Part of the footpath off C1234 that goes through Netherton Farm and crosses over into A Snell’s field, this is still overgrown and not passable for walkers. The stiles can be used but some of the foot rails will need replacing. Clerk confirmed she would speak to land owner of Netherton to get this resolved.
6.1.3. The bridge over the Gamber in Llanwarne is still in disrepair. Elizabeth to speak to James Howell. Elizabeth to action
6.1.4. The footpath off Green Lane that passes through Jeremy Helme’s field and over 3 stiles and comes out by the Axe and Cleaver. There are still issues on this footpath and it is not passable. Clerk to report this to James Howell as he had enforcement powers. Clerk to action
6.2. The Clerk had received a brief report from Terry Griffiths, Lengthsman, who was unable to attend, that he had one outstanding maintenance day to complete before end of winter months/end of the financial year.

7. Signs
7.1. Clerk updated the Parish Council on the costs of the signs – they will cost approximately £250/£300 for the 2 signs, posts and clips. The Clerk has contacted the Highways England to ask about permission and is waiting to here back. Clerk to action following up

8. Llanwarne War Memorial
8.1. Clerk has spoken to Terry to ask him to look at the wall on the War Memorial – Clerk to check with Terry and report to Parish Council. Clerk to action

9. Planning
9.1. The Council discussed the following planning applications but could not make any resolutions:
9.1.1. Planning application 194411 – Marsh Farm, Pencoyd, Certificate of Lawfulness: Erection of a building for the housing of 2 no.biomass boilers, storage of woodchip and associated installation of 2 no. boilers flues. The Council RESOLVED to make the following comments about the planning application: they have concerns about the above developments requiring planning permission and they also have concerns about other developments on the site besides the ones listed above. Clerk to action
9.1.2. Planning Application 200164 – The Pack House, Windmill Hill, Harewood End: Prior notification for proposed staff induction/training room and canopied area. The Council RESOLVED to support the above planning application. Clerk to action
9.2. The Council noted the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last

10. Finances
10.1. The Bank Balance was noted that on the 10th January the current account was £9514.25 and the savings account was £4520.24 and budget spend was on track.
10.2. The Council RESOLVED that the Parish Precept for 2020-21 would be £9,500
10.3. The Council RESOLVED the payment of the following invoices:
10.3.1. Terry Griffiths Lengthsman Invoices: TGC0960 £382+VAT, TGC0972 £382+VAT & TGC0987 £275+VAT = £1039+VAT – Chq 100233
10.3.2. Clerks Salary for January £346.26 – Chq 100234
10.3.3. Eyelid Productions Annual Website Support Inv 2279 – £100 – Chq 100235
10.4. The Council identified the following financial risk:
10.4.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the bank mandate form and that the bank needed a few more details before it can all be confirmed as ok.

11. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet and any correspondence received.

12. The Council considered the following agenda items for next meeting: Village Hall land ownership, traffic speeding, and bus shelter.

13. To Council noted the date of the next meeting held on Thursday 19th March 2020 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed at 8.45pm.