Ordinary Minutes of 16th September 2021

Mtg No: 173


PRESENT: Cllrs Rosey Price (Chair), Paula Snow, Anthony Snell, Rick Guest, Brian Goodwin, Rowena Williams, Harry Holt and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)

IN ATTENDANCE: Ward Cllr Toni Fagan and 1 resident.

1. Apologies – The following apologies were received from Cllrs Jason Pacey, Pat Roberts and James Roberts.
2. Declarations of Interest – there were no declarations of interests.
3. The minutes from the meeting held on 15th July 2021 were adopted and signed
4. Open discussion (limited to 10 mins)
4.1 The Council received the following views from local resident. The resident raised the following issue with the overgrown verge where Marsh Lane joins the A49 by Jane Symonds’ business unit. Clerk to action with Locality Steward
5. Resignation of Clerk
The Chair confirmed that they had received a resignation letter from the Parish Clerk. The Council RESOLVED to proceed with the HALC recruitment package of £200. Cllrs J Pacey and R Price to action with Lynda Wilcox at HALC.
6. Reports and updates:
6.1 Clerk – Nothing further to update from the last meeting.
6.2 Cllr Fagan – Cllr Fagan reported that:
6.2.1 The Budget Consultation described that the investment in roads has been a state of “managed decline”.
6.2.2 There are COVID recovery grants available.
6.2.3 Free swimming lessons available for wellbeing
6.2.4 Free buses on weekends until April
6.2.5 Scams – currently there are scams going around via text about charging for deliveries.
6.3 Parish Footpath Officer:
6.3.1 Clerk to speak to Terry Griffiths and Councillors about the amount of budget available to help with costs of repairs or upgrades on Parish footpaths. Clerk to ask Elizabeth Malcolm which footpaths need attention. Clerk to action
6.3.2 Clerk to find out more information about the historic footpath routes and when the closing date to register closes. Clerk to action
6.4 Lengthsman Report:
6.4.1 The Clerk to follow up with Terry Griffiths on when the dog poo bin and general rubbish bin will be re-installed in their new site. Clerk to action
6.5 Locality Steward’s Report: There were no defects to report to James Howell, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty
6.6 Llanwarne Village Hall: The Council received an update on the Village Hall refurbishment from Cllr Fagan, Village Hall Committee member, the hall is now ready and open. There is still further work to be done, but this can be done whilst the hall is open. There will be lots of pop-up events at the hall.

7. Flooding: The Council received an update on the recent Flooding Meeting between Llanwarne and Llangarron Parish Councils in July. Local landowners have been approached about potential work that could be carried out to help alleviate some of the flooding damage along the Gamber brook and through Llanwarne village. The Wye and Usk Foundation do have grants available and worth looking into.

8. Planning
8.1 To consider the following planning applications:
8.1.1 Planning Application 213171– Tretire with Michaelchurch, Birch, Upper Barn at Tretire Farm Tretire Marsh Lane St Owens Cross Herefordshire HR2 8NB , Proposed change of use and conversion of an existing open-sided redundant barn into home office, store and guest accommodation ancillary to main house. Extension to single storey barn building and amendments to the external elevations including additional glazing and roof lights. Ground mounted solar panels. The Council RESOLVED to support this application. Clerk to action
8.2 The Council noted the planning applications received from Herefordshire Council since the last

9. Finances
9.1 The Council noted Bank Balance to be Current account : £4309.14 and Saving account: £1,524.07 and budget spend was on track.
9.2 The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:
9.2.1 Terry Griffiths Invoices – TGC1578 £768.72 and TGC1612 £470.40 = £1239.12 (inc VAT) – Chq 100293
9.2.2 Autela Payroll Services Inv 6929 £43.50+VAT – Chq100294
9.2.3 Clerks Salay for September – Chq 100292
9.2.4 HMRC PAYE payments: Months 1-3 £742.24 and Months 4-6 £80.20 = £822.44 – Chq 100295
9.2.5 Data Protection fee £35 – paid by Direct Debit on 30/8/21
9.3 There were no financial risks raised.

10. The Council noted the Clerk’s information sheet.

11. The items for the next meeting to include follow up actions from this meeting: Flooding including the CPRE Citizen Scientists and a potential talk about what it involves, Riparian rights – understanding how this work, chase up the Llandinabo road signs on A49 and discuss the light pollution from the chicken houses in Llanwarne. Clerk to action

13. The date of the next meeting will be Thursday 18th November 2021 at 7.30pm in the newly refurbished Llanwarne Village Hall. Clerk to book future meetings until Nov 2022. Clerk to action

Meeting was declared closed at 9.20pm.